New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try one of these? I love my Remington 76/7600/7400 and even 742's,so I was checking out decking them into a tactical gun.Especially the 270 I have here for sale that im doing nothing with.I found this rail to actually make it into a scout rifle for a handgun scope or a red dot scope.The link is below,anyone ever try one of these or think there worthless overpriced tacticool junk?

Amega Mounts - Remington 742-7600 Mount

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW they dont look to hard to actually customize one yourself from a cheap AR15 rail,anyone got any ingenuity input.It has no rear or front sight now.was thinking about just buying them today for $25.But maybe a rail and dot scope would look cool on it...

· Registered
6,189 Posts
I like the look of that! I've been trying to figure out a way to add a scope to my 870 without paying for a cantilever barrel (might as well buy a new gun for the price of the darn things!). This set up with a handgun scope, like you said, sounds like a great solution!

The big question, could a handgun scope handle the recoil of a rifle or shotgun?

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look of that! I've been trying to figure out a way to add a scope to my 870 without paying for a cantilever barrel (might as well buy a new gun for the price of the darn things!). This set up with a handgun scope, like you said, sounds like a great solution!

The big question, could a handgun scope handle the recoil of a rifle or shotgun?
Another great idea instead of a Cantilever mount,it cant be that had to modify!Even f you went with a red dot scope,which I was thinking of doing.

· Registered
6,189 Posts
Another great idea instead of a Cantilever mount,it cant be that had to modify!Even f you went with a red dot scope,which I was thinking of doing.
If you were to go with a scope, you could get a cantilever mount and put it on backwards (maybe?) to give you a greater range in eye relief to maybe get away from handgun scopes (they're not terribly easy to find at an affordable price).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.