New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Does anyone have on hands experience with a 5R Milspec?
I don't know what barrel comes with but I use the Krieger Criterion 5R in several platforms and they are amazing.
They claim several advantages like less friction, less bullet deformation and less fouling but it also has to do with
the lapping but other makers are very good at that too. I think that 5R makes sense.
I also got very good results with Lothar Walter including polygonal barrels. This is my experience whether is bolt
or AR. Stay away from cheap polygonal barrels do not work like the high end established brands.
I guess it happens with everything.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Does anyone have on hands experience with a 5R Milspec?
John ask on the RACFC group, 2 of the guys there have interned in the rem defense div. George and I were talking with one of them this past weekend about these guns.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Basically they are not worth the coin. You are better off buying an ADL as cheap as possible and having custom work done from there. I will tell you the whole thing when I see you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Basically they are not worth the coin. You are better off buying an ADL as cheap as possible and having custom work done from there. I will tell you the whole thing when I see you.
This is what i was thinking, not point in spending more money when ill be swapping the barrel and having the action worked, agreed.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts