New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Remington isn't popular here but I regret not doing the tour or visiting the museum when they were open... is there any word as to whether either will resume?

Was the museum good or just so-so?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the cynic in me wonders if the holding company would force the museum to dissolve it's collection to raise funds?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went there in fall of 2013. They were not doing tours at that time. The Muesum was 1 to 2 large rooms with some intresting stuff, but it wasn't that great. Check the Remington website to see if they restarted the tours. The muesum wasn't worth the drive from watertown. I did get a nice Remington sweatshirt from the gift shop.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My understanding is tours were halted after that bs story on their model 700 rifles came out. Now they will do them on a very case by case basis that requires an appointment and a little bit of back ground information on the guests.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The tours were halted because of the Newtown incident and varied threats made against employees and the facility. The museum and country shop were also closed to the public for a time. Tours may be available with prior arrangements, not sure, but the museum and country store are open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts