New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capitol confidential today says that as a result of NY's gun laws and new plant down south that Remington is laying off 105 workers in llion, NY.
Just the beginning folks, thank you Andy Cuomo.

Can't wait for November..........

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Sad, but the writing was on the wall. Hopefully Remington helps relocate those who choose to follow the company.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Remember "NY is open for Business!"

as as long as it's deemed "acceptable" to the monkeys running Albany.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
This should be on the ballots of folks like Schumer and others who promised Remington and Ilion would be staying! What a shame! And, if those folks find work, it will likely NOT be in NY. Bye bye tax base, working contributing members of this state will be leaving! Terrible!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks cuomo, you're doing AMAZING at growing jobs! Too bad NONE of them are in NYS. Go **** yourself in hell you POS.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
It's to bad for the 105 people losing there jobs. Where has Remington been since the safe act crap was passed over a year and a half ago, since they passed this crap nothing from Remington about had this SH**. FU** you Remington.:mad:

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
It's to bad for the 105 people losing there jobs. Where has Remington been since the safe act crap was passed over a year and a half ago, since they passed this crap nothing from Remington about had this SH**. FU** you Remington.:mad:
Companies any Company but especially a company like Remington knows they can be put out of business at the stroke of a pen. They have to walk a thin line and be careful when it comes to pissing on the legs of the fine public elected officials that hold the pen that can shut them down.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
And "The Dumbest man alive" award goes to.....................wait for it,wait for it...........Andrew Cuomo.What a ****ing retard.Your doing us proud u idiot....NOT

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
And consumers get to pick what products we want to buy. I own several Remington products but since safe act was passed and they did nothing I will not buy Remington products.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Sad, but the writing was on the wall. Hopefully Remington helps relocate those who choose to follow the company.
From what I have read there is no job offering for them . I imagine that if they show up in AL , they might get a job but the articles I have read say no ! AL is a right to work state and I imagine that the pay there is compreble to here as it's been my experience that it has been . Plus they are opening up a new Mercedes plant in ALL . They are supposed to hire 1500 to work at Mercedes .

·
Registered
634 Posts
We all knew it was just a matter of time......... this seems a little more sooner than I had anticipated but the announcement comes at the right time to serve as a reminder.............. just like the BS rebate checks come at the right time. FUAC

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
lets be clear the reason that remmington is laying of workers is not the safe act, it is the tax structure in New York and it is not proftable to operate a buisness here when place like Alabama give real rates to attract buisness.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm surprised there's any jobs left in this state.
There are if you work for "the man," NYS has become like an Eastern European Soviet satellite, all that will be left are those that receive a check from the government and those who work for the government.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
"golly,gee willikers, what a big surprise"

ny rockssss...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aren't those union jobs? Where is the outrage from organized labor?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Kinda of surprised on one hand that the Remington brass had the balls to step up and do this, I feel bad for those 105 people, but, FUAC. Now, going to start looking for a VTR.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Remington sent a bus load of workers to the last anti-Safe rally in Albany and for at least the past year, Remington / Freedom Group has been recognized for contributing at least $1000 per month to the NRA-ILA. Remington has not been quietly accepting the ass reaming New York has been giving them.

Save your rage for the people who deserve it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts