1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
687 Posts
No...I think it literally could disappear. That si about all that is left in Ilion. The entire Valley is in a death roll

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
And to think that Kodak going down the crapper all but killed Rochester, Remington leaving Ilion would be catastrophic.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sadly, politicians could care less. They have helped to ship most of our middle class jobs overseas, a few "evil" jobs doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Calls for Stricter Gun Laws Worry Ilion, N.Y., Built by Remington - NYTimes.com

I think at this point any gun manufacture in NYS is very concerned about the future. If Andy and the legislature pass a bunch of firearms laws, I see the little town of Ilion disappearing from the map. (metaphorically speaking)
Read that on the ttrain going downtown this am, and the thing that struck me that the story mentions that Remington is the sole manufacturing plant in the valley where there used to be around 47 or something like that. Firearms aside, do the politicians not see what they have done to this state? it's sickening.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
This No-vember goes our way who cares what he tries, it won't fly. The comments make me sick, bunch of citidiots with no clue about real life.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Make up the financial losses and employ those bounced out of a job if Remington goes by 'concentrating on yogurt production'
What a dunce.

****in' yogurt.. someone needs to punch her in the head... repeatedly...

Hey I know, we can keep NY farmers from selling thier milk just like they do now and be sweeties to CA by buying thier milk to build our yogurt economy with minimum wage jobs.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
This No-vember goes our way who cares what he tries, it won't fly. The comments make me sick, bunch of citidiots with no clue about real life.
Maybe you upstaters could impose some sort of NYC tax, much like the MTA imposes on commuters outside NYC?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Personally if Remington was mine, I would of pulled out a long time ago. The libtarded politicians could care less about revenue, they will just increase the taxes on those that are here.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I bet it's not a republican pushing for more gun control...and don't bring up goofberg, he is more mixed up than a deck of cards. It's amazing what money and the need for votes will do to a person. I need to find a place in the middle of knowwhere and live happily everafter. This country is dying do to political correctness. This country is making me sick, I guess this is what happens when we elect a terrorists with absoluely no ties to this country and btw no experience but community service. How do you diffine change?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Personally if Remington was mine, I would of pulled out a long time ago. The libtarded politicians could care less about revenue, they will just increase the taxes on those that are here.
Yeah I can't believe the are still here personally with NY being not only anti business but anti gun especially.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would be foolish for Remington to move elsewhere. Only one reason it if valued as quality product and that's because it's manufactured in the states.

·
Registered
810 Posts
As I see it, if the Arms does move my taxes will be double what I pay now. Remington has said and maintains that if NY does anything as stupid as they are proposing they would pull up stakes and not look back. This town can't afford to lose it's largest employer.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think it is always interesting how politicians are voted in promising for making more jobs, but many of them, especially in liberal states like NY, California, etc. just end up killing jobs and their tax base.

For example, certain politicians love to impose stricter gun laws and possibly even ban the manufacturing of some gun and gun companies altogether.

On another note, one of my favorite hobbies is being battled right now in California.... airsoft. While it may not be important to many of you, airsoft is loved by many, especially in that state. It helps keep kids out of trouble by encouraging them to get outside, play, and spend their money on active toys. Not only that, but it also gives thousands of people jobs in that state and others.

Overall, politicians need to look at the long term effects of taking away certain freedoms. Not only will we most likely never be able to gain these freedoms back, but tons of jobs are destroyed in the process. In the struggling present day society, we cannot afford that type of loss.

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
My state senator was at a meet the candidates event this month and was asked about the anti-gun proposals. He said they don't have a chance of passing the senate, there are too many pro gun senators who will vote against them. Best to get out and vote this Nov. and keep it that way.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
It would be foolish for Remington to move elsewhere. Only one reason it if valued as quality product and that's because it's manufactured in the states.
All they're saying they'll do is move out of NY to a different state, not out of the states completely.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
My state senator was at a meet the candidates event this month and was asked about the anti-gun proposals. He said they don't have a chance of passing the senate, there are too many pro gun senators who will vote against them. Best to get out and vote this Nov. and keep it that way.
Every November, not just this November!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey I know, we can keep NY farmers from selling thier milk just like they do now and be sweeties to CA by buying thier milk to build our yogurt economy with minimum wage jobs.
I happen to live in the same town as Fage. Their workers are far from minimum wage earners and are probably one of the highest paid ($18+ hr to start) entry level jobs in the county.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts