New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I first stumbled upon this while I was in Afghanistan and said something like "Damn I love that rifle". So anyway after a long time mulling it over I finally decided to ship it off to get converted to .22 MAG. Hopefully it will be as good of a tack driver when I get it back as it was when I shipped it off. I never experienced any ammo malfunctions with it while shooting it but I figure there is no sense in taking the risk of having a round blow in the gun.

I saw AA is making an AAR-17 upper receiver assembly for the AR-15 in .17 HMR and they have purposly built in features to handle an ammo malfunction in the weapon, not sure I want to spend 700 bucks just to shoot 17 HMR from a semi auto platform again though.

Anyone have an AAR-17 upper?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I have a 597 LS-HB and it will shoot 1 ragged hole at 50 yards with CCI maxi-mags, I would suggest installing the VQ target hammer it makes a really sweet trigger about 2.5 lbs! As for a 17HMR I have the Marlin 917VS I got back in 2004 when it frist came out and that IS a tac-driver!! Woodchucks don't even move there just dead as they sit!! (PS Thankyou for your service glad your home SAFE)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well got an email saying that Remington is finally sending the rifles back to me. I cannot wait to see them and rezero my scopes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
How long have they had them? If you are just getting them back and you sent it in may I would be pretty upset.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 months, there was a long lag time waiting on the barrels. If I had decided to trade both of them in for the Marlin 17V, I was told it would take up to 8 months due to high production demand.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Thats a bummer, I wanted on in 17 but there were recalled when I was going to buy one. I will get a 17 bolt some day.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a bummer, I wanted on in 17 but there were recalled when I was going to buy one. I will get a 17 bolt some day.
The Marlin 17V i have is a tack driver, i just had 15 mags for the 597 that would have been useless if i traded them in instead of rebarreling.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got home today and opened them up. Remington included a magazine with each one. A nice touch.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are these in heavy barrel? Is so, do you want to sell one?

James
Sorry not heavy barrel or for sale. They were a retirement gift to myself and my son when I retired from the Army 9 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts