New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought about 1,000 rounds of 22lr Remington hollowpoints, and no matter what they allwayse scatter all over the place in no specific pattern at all, and I inspect every round before I shoot or store them. in every single one of the rounds the bullet can spin in the cartridge case. its soo loose I can pull the bullet apart with my bare hands with little effort. could this be the cause?

fyi I am shooting with a nylon 66 at only about 50 yds and not getting a constant group at all, looks more like a shotgun blast after a full clip

·
Registered
825 Posts
It's crap ammo and has the reputation to go along with it. federal and cci ammo is some of the most reliable and well firing. I'm not really brand loyal though, I have some other Remington viper stuff I bought up, but never really saw any reviews on it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was never a big fan on Remington rounds, but who is gonna pass up 22lr ammo inthis day in age? haha

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
When I shoot Remington Thunderbolt .22LR my target will look like I dropped a handful of rounds into a blunderbuss and pulled the trigger. Great for scattershot.

FYI, I've also seen that the bullet can be rotated in the casing. Extremely poor QC IMO.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Are they Golden bullets? If they are, believe it or not the new ones are better than they used to be - they had a reputation for not only being inaccurate, but also having FTF at a much higher rate than other rounds.

You have to shoot what you can get now, but when 22lr was in stock it was always worth it to pay just a few more dollars for MiniMags, Automatch or even Win 333 packs instead of Rem GBs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Having good luck shooting Remington's 22 Subsonic. Tight groups at 50 yards. Much more accurate then their "Golden Bullets."

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Having good luck shooting Remington's 22 Subsonic. Tight groups at 50 yards. Much more accurate then their "Golden Bullets."
Have never tried the Golden Bullets but the subsonic rounds from Remington were fairly consistent in a couple of rifles I tried them in.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have never had a problem with them but if I did they would get a call.
jim

·
Registered
313 Posts
I picked up a few boxes of the golden bullets because it was all i could find at the time... Then I got lucky one day at Gander and got a 1600 box of CCI mini mags and I sold the GB the next day lol.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have never liked any remington ammo,from there 22lr up to rifle,i have never had any luck with it.Take a box of shotgun slugs and stand them next to each other.None of the slugs will be the same depth in the cases and most will rattle around if you shake them.Just poor ammo all around IMO.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
eh... Nop! Remington 22LR has never been accurate. You can even hear the inconsistencies in they charges when they puff with different tones.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Remington is hands down the worst 22lr ammo made, but hey with the shortage you grab what you can get. Bullet heads spinning in the case is not abnormal for the stuff.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts