New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning everyone,

I searched forum and found a few threads but no real reviews of this model. Have the opportunity to get one in trade that has an upgraded feed ramp, aluminum forfend, reciever mounted shell holder, etc. I searched online and only bad things I read we're about feed ramps but this has been replaced already. I have many pump action shotguns but this would be my first semi auto shotgun.

Anyone have this police model or have had the chance to fondle one?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have one. But I have not had the chance to shoot it. I did a lot of research back before I purchased it and the feed ramp was the only "upgrade" suggested. You can put a new charging handle as well, but that's pretty much it aside from all other snazzy accoutrements.

This has the Dave's Metal Works Easyloader, correct? I am avoiding putting this on as it hangs very low and could easily snag onto clothing.

But the most important thing, if the one you're buying as been used(alot), you should try and test fire it to make sure it feeds properly, the seals can wear out but replacements parts are easily available.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I called around and prices used are going for $650 to $850 and new $1050 to $1200 if available. Heard they need heavy loads to guarantee consistent cycling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am currently in the market for my first autoloader too. I'm a Remington man so the 11-87P w/Wilson Combat ghost ring sights is at the front of the running unless i can get my hands on the new R12 :D. I may also settle for the 1100 tac 4 (i believe that is the non pistol grip model for us peasants here in NY), although the 22" barrel seems a bit much to me for social work on a tactical shotgun. Good info on any of these models would be appreciated and I'm sure would benefit the OP of this thread. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently in the market for my first autoloader too. I'm a Remington man so the 11-87P w/Wilson Combat ghost ring sights is at the front of the running unless i can get my hands on the new R12 :D. I may also settle for the 1100 tac 4 (i believe that is the non pistol grip model for us peasants here in NY), although the 22" barrel seems a bit much to me for social work on a tactical shotgun. Good info on any of these models would be appreciated and I'm sure would benefit the OP of this thread. Thanks guys!
I heard the Ghost ring models were a lot more money; I think you can order that setup separate and have it installed right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pretty sure I paid around $800 for mine and it was brand new, on Gunbroker of all places. With shipping and transfer total around $850. Needless to say, I was very happy! And lucky! However, mine doesn't have the Ghost Ring which probably adds another $100(at least) on top of the cost but I was specific on what I wanted, I am not a fan of the ghost ring for a shotgun, open sights for quick acquisition is my personal preference on that platform. Rifles, like my Springfield M1A, is a different story.

With respect to the OP's possible trade, the accessories he listed are easily worth around $200 or more. Don't know what you're trading or the value but you're looking at getting a top of the line shotty with all the fine trimmings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya adding them after is an option but just getting them factory installed is easier than dealing with Trijicon or Wilson followed by a gunsmith. I love doing my own work but when it comes to some things (barrel mods like length, porting, & forcing come lengthening or tapping recievers, custom stock work, etc..) i like to leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info, thanks a lot! Trading an upper (DelTon), case of ammo and some misc parts. Trade on my end around $760 in value. He only put a few boxes of ammo through it. Looking for two shotguns in total; a sweet semiauto and either the Mossberg Turkey Tactical or Savage Bolt action 20 gauge. I have shot and taken game with both using some of my hunting buddies models and they were both added to my list.

Pretty sure I paid around $800 for mine and it was brand new, on Gunbroker of all places. With shipping and transfer total around $850. Needless to say, I was very happy! And lucky! However, mine doesn't have the Ghost Ring which probably adds another $100(at least) on top of the cost but I was specific on what I wanted, I am not a fan of the ghost ring for a shotgun, open sights for quick acquisition is my personal preference on that platform. Rifles, like my Springfield M1A, is a different story.

With respect to the OP's possible trade, the accessories he listed are easily worth around $200 or more. Don't know what you're trading or the value but you're looking at getting a top of the line shotty with all the fine trimmings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.