New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight i was out at a party seeing some friends i see all the time and a bunch of people i don't see too often. i saw one of my good friends who two weeks ago was jumped in Middletown, NY behind the DMV. he was jumped and had his face kicked in to the point where his jaw is now wired shut and he must grind up his food to eat.

two guys had decided to jump him and rob him for the gold chain he was wearing. im only 21 years old but have lived here my whole life. i have always felt like ive lived in a small town (Bullville, NY), i know most people around me and most know me. i have a great trust for everyone around me. unfortunately over the years i have seen the population around me grow along with the crime rate and number of scums in the surrounding area. i still consider my hometown to be a small country town but man does the areas around me such as newburgh and middletown make me worried.

hearing my friends story and seeing the condition he is i sure reminded me of one of the reasons alont with many more reason i carry a firearm to protect myself and my loved ones. i hope this makes all of you realize the reasons why you carry and why you should always carry.

be safe. the world is a dangerous place

- Ryan

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
That's horrible man. Sorry to hear. I'm right around the corner in Cornwall. Hope he recovers soon. Stay safe.

·
Registered
725 Posts
No matter how great your area is, it's just a stop off the highway for the POS looking for quick money or a little fun. On the plus side your friend survived and will hopefully learn from his experience and the next time he will explain to the detective why those two men have multiple gun shot wounds to the chest.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
no matter how great your area is, it's just a stop off the highway for the pos looking for quick money or a little fun. On the plus side your friend survived and will hopefully learn from his experience and the next time he will explain to the detective why those two men have multiple gun shot wounds to the chest.
absolutely!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Im with you Ryan.......its getting worse and worse.
Just like American Express......DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend, things like this are happening all day, every day to somebody that was just going about their day. You never know when it will be your turn to get pounced on by a couple of drug addicted scumbags. Reasons like this is why I carry, when it's time to make a police report I want to be the one who walks away in the same shape I was in before the encounter. If your friend doesn't have a conceal carry permit, I'd bet he will be interested in one now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts