New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'All gave some, some gave all'

May all those who were lost in the September 11th attack on US soil rest in peace. May all the family and friends of those lost on that horrific day somehow find peace.

Never forget!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
its amazing when you think about how many years ago this terrible day was... I remember it like yesterday quite vividly.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I still remember where I was and what I was doing when that happened . It changed everything I knew !

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
As much as it still feels recent, so much has changed. I was sleeping in the barracks, having decided to blow off my ETS physical appointment due to a party we had the night before. My friend woke me up pounding on my door just before the 2nd plane hit. The rest is history...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Was just heading out the door to start the trek to a meeting in NYC when my wife called me back in saying "there's something on tv I think you should see."

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It was the first day i ever skipped school. My mom was to distracted by the events unfolding on tv to realize i was home 2 hours early.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I logged on to AOL in the morning and saw a picture of north tower hit by a plane. I thought to myself: not another stupid Hollywood horror movie. Didn't even read what was written. Took a while to realise it's for real. My brother in law worked in the south tower. He made it out just in time before first tower collapsed. He was there during the first attack in 1993 and always felt that someday they will succeed.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I was in 5th grade, no one told us what happened. Some kids were talking about it on the bus. Went home glued to the TV like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I was in freshman earth science when the first plane hit after that we just watched the news in every class seeing the second plane hit is something il never forget. At the time I had no understanding of the impact this actually had aside from the physical damage now I realize it literally changed everything. Tragedies like this and Pearl Harbor show how strong and resilient Americans are but it's still important to take a minute or two to remember the people who lost their lives and the 1st responders and rescue personnel who saved so many.

·
Registered
905 Posts
no disrespect to those who died but one of the things that rose from the ashes was the patriot act which is right off the pages of orwell's 1984.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I had pretty much the same view as that pic only 32 stories up. To all who departed RIP. To those that remain, never forget.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Sixth grade science class. Oh boy, do I remember it like it was yesterday? I could tell you where in the class I was sitting, too. Not sure what we were talking about, never paid attention.

I posted this on my FB last night. I thought it was good, anyway.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
911 was a turning point to this Great Country. It is always for me depressing. May the Almigty have all those who lost their lives that day in his embrace. I always play this video everytime i think about 911. The bastards who did this have paid and will keep paying for it hopefully.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Wife and I were at Fort Drum on 9-11. My son was having his physical for Naval ROTC. We had to drive him building to building for his physical. He came running out of the dental building and said turn on the radio, you're not going to believe this. I was shocked they didn't send him home and tell him to come back another day. Never will forget that.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
When I first heard about it, I turned on the TV and saw what happened......at that point only one of the buildings had been hit. My first thought was that it was an accident. I figured, "well, it finally happened. A pilot who wasn't familiar with NYC or who was daydreaming hit that place." And then, while I was watching, the second plane struck the other tower. It then dawned on me that it was terrrorism.
And I once met somebody who was in the first tower when it was hit. She got out OK. She was on the 20th floor. But she was so traumatized by the whole thing that she never wanted wanted to go into a tall building again or go to NYC again.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My school announced it via the P.A...

Only they didn't. Stupid Super was so vague he pretty much said nothing, so out into the halls we went after 10 mins of class and got the real story.

To this day I consider that guy a dick for what he did.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
My school announced it via the P.A...

Only they didn't. Stupid Super was so vague he pretty much said nothing, so out into the halls we went after 10 mins of class and got the real story.

To this day I consider that guy a dick for what he did.
Our school did the same, except they actually told us what happened. Did you go to school in Auburn? I went to Jamesville DeWitt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts