New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he lost his job... perhaps this is old news, but I never heard about the follow up.
imo, once the van was speeding away there was no reason to fire any shots at the vehicle. This guy actually sounds a little arrogant saying he didnt second guess his decision to fire at the car (even knowing there were multiple people in the car).

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
"He had no idea there were children in that mini van with dark tinted windows".

Well Mr. Former Police Officer, for your viewing pleasure. Pay close attention to number 4.

Look, the woman is an idiot for sure. The type of man the officer is has no bearing on things. If you or I did what he did we would be in jail and lose our gun rights for shooting when our life wasn't in danger. He screwed up and should be happy he isn't in jail.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he admitted to seeing a bunch of heads, so at the least he knew people were in there.

im just glad he lost his job over it. I posted this to show that sometimes, LEO's are held accountable. there have been a lot of bad cop stories out there lately (obviously due to bad cop actions) and we dont often hear about the follow up and people get frustrated with the lack of punishments for bad behavior/decisions... this story has a "happy ending" so to speak.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This sure sounds like a cub years remorse after his screwup . I think the other two got off easy and this one wants what the other two got . From what was shown on the dash cam , the other two should have been gone also .

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
What an ass hole!!!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Good thing about this is a cop has been judged to be "at fault". Too many LEO get away with actions which are unjustified. My hunch is soon there will be a major re-evaluation nationwide of the liability limits of LE. Militarization of police and SWAT tactics are going to backfire in the face of LE. We will see cops going to jail for inexcusable crimes, as it should be. In a country that cherishes "Rule of Law", no one should be exempt. When this story first broke, I had defended this cops actions. Whether he made the proper decision to fire on the van really depended on the facts which have since shown him to be wrong about his actions. I jumped the gun (so to speak) in my judgement, and apparently so did the cop. OK, so now I was shown wrong in my opinion, and the cop has been shown to be wrong also. Things are fixed. Life goes on.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The woman is an effing idiot! But, this situation should have and in all probability could have been defused loooooong before back up arrived. The officer lost his job, as it should be, and should be grateful that he didn't loose his freedom. Maybe as he pounds the pavement looking for work he will come to understand that. By his attitude, probably not, and he will probably soon be back on the road with some county or local PD, sad.
Robin

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
The woman is an effing idiot! But, this situation should have and in all probability could have been defused loooooong before back up arrived. The officer lost his job, as it should be, and should be grateful that he didn't loose his freedom. Maybe as he pounds the pavement looking for work he will come to understand that. By his attitude, probably not, and he will probably soon be back on the road with some county or local PD, sad.
Robin
Maybe he can get a job doing security at Six Flags.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Serious question: are police allowed to stab tires Once they get a car stopped?

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I am glad as well that he lost his job.

We hear all to often of a cop done bad, way to often; but we never seem to hear the after effects of the officer(s) involved. Many just assume that nothing happens after the initial story and life goes on for the officer.

I wish local/national news would keep up with these stories to the end.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Serious question: are police allowed to stab tires Once they get a car stopped?
Maybe if you've committed a crime in the presence of the officer, and have proven to be a flight risk.

For a regular traffic stop... NFW.

But they can smash out your taillights, I've seen it in walking tall.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Never mind that he lost his job. Why isn't he in jail?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
he admitted to seeing a bunch of heads, so at the least he knew people were in there.

im just glad he lost his job over it. I posted this to show that sometimes, LEO's are held accountable. there have been a lot of bad cop stories out there lately (obviously due to bad cop actions) and we dont often hear about the follow up and people get frustrated with the lack of punishments for bad behavior/decisions... this story has a "happy ending" so to speak.
Except he will probably get hired by another dept 2 or 3 towns over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.