New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Regardless of the fact that she broke NJ. law, this doesn't mean it is right, constitutionally or otherwise.

"The 'feel good' legislation that turns mere possession into a "Graves Act" second-degree crime does nothing to stop true criminals and turns law-abiding citizens into felons. Ms. Allen is a prime example of this. It's sad, and wrong."

Shaneen Allen Legal Defense Fund

Donate if you can, every dollar helps.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF? Where did I get VA. from? And no, I haven't been drinking!

Fixed.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I hope she hits jury lotto. It's to bad for her but she does make us a nice poster child for stupid laws.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I hope she hits jury lotto. It's to bad for her but she does make us a nice poster child for stupid laws.
She sure is! In fact we should create a kickstarter to send her and the good Doctor from Philadelphia on a cross country speaking tour...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Governor Christie should step in and pardon her right off the bat, say that's not what the law was intended for and put forth legislation to repeal it.

....yawn, oh good morning everyone...I just woke up, I had a dream that Christie actually gave a cr*p about somebody other than himself....

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Not to be picky but it's NJ who is prosecuting her.
well bruce, progressivism is a disease and its spreading faster than H1N1. Sure, it may be NJ that is prosecuting her, but not only is it a neighboring state, but its part of the United States. Additionally, lets just say that this goes to court and for some reason is overturned. It could help set a precedence for national reciprocity, which is terribly needed. National reciprocity for the illegal pistol permitting process would make pistol permits much like a drivers license where being issued one in any state makes it valid in all states.

Think about this for a second.
First they came for the Catholics, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Catholic.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak for me.
Your statement about her being from NJ instantly brought this old saying to mind.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Doesn't a pardon indicate that a person has been convicted in the first place?
I think most of us agree she should not be charged, let alone convicted, for exercising her Constitutionally Protected Right.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well she does have two things going for her, she is black and female, let's see what groups or politicians step forward. We have seen time and time again white males just hung out to dry in matters such as this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts