New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gentlemen ! Working on my 870 project,and am putting a Magpul Forend on it.......I was thinking about a Mesa Tactical Side Saddle.....
Was wondering if anyone had any idea if there was enough clearance with the forend when it was brought to the rear position so it didn't hit the side saddle without modification ??

Thanks guys !

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Raven, I believe if you stick with the 4-shell holder from Mesa, you shouldn't have an issue. I think I read somewhere that the 6-shell is a tight fit and that the 8-shell won't work.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raven, I believe if you stick with the 4-shell holder from Mesa, you shouldn't have an issue. I think I read somewhere that the 6-shell is a tight fit and that the 8-shell won't work.
Ahhhh.....I was wondering about that,I will go with the 4-shell then,I really don't want to grind down a new forend.......Thanks Cooden...!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have the 3gungear Velcro side saddle on my 870, and both the Magpul Stock & Fore end. Nice set-up!!! Very happy with all 3 items. I almost went with the Mesa Side Saddle (it's a nice product), but, I guess I liked the velcro idea better. Can remove it in an instant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know for sure the 4 , 6 and 8 Shot Mesa Tactical SureShell Carriers will all clear with the MOE forened. the 8 is a tight fit though, watch your fingers!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have the 3gungear Velcro side saddle on my 870, and both the Magpul Stock & Fore end. Nice set-up!!! Very happy with all 3 items. I almost went with the Mesa Side Saddle (it's a nice product), but, I guess I liked the velcro idea better. Can remove it in an instant.
3gungear is the way to go!

No replacing the proper factory fcg pins with failure prone Chicago screws and no torn up fingers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you train to fight with your shogun, the detachable velcro saddle is a GREAT option. I suggest buying the cheap tac-star side saddle for mounting just the back plate. This way you can save your finish if you ever decide to run a different set-up. Then, use 3M Velcro to place a strip on the back plate. Personally, I would actually suggest the OSOE shotgun cards next. The construction of Original Special Operations Equipment Gear is unmatched and carries a lifetime warranty. This way when your ready you can add an OSOE "micro 12g rig" or the full size "cop rig" which utilizes the same shotgun cards in a extremely well built, well thought out, extremely efficient shotgun rig. The velcro on your shogun just makes it that much more practical and simple to run. I highly recommend this set up!

Rectangle Tints and shades Pattern Electric blue Office supplies
Product Camera accessory Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Rectangle
Building Automotive tire Engineering Auto part Gas

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i'm about to pull the trigger on this:
7 Shell Side Saddle

will this fit without issue, or should I be getting a different one?

I will also be getting the MOE forend (have the stock already from them)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
i'm about to pull the trigger on this:
7 Shell Side Saddle

will this fit without issue, or should I be getting a different one?

I will also be getting the MOE forend (have the stock already from them)
Not sure....I purchased the 3GunGear 7rd system, and installed it before I bought the Magpul 870 foregrip (Which I'm planning on installing this week). It looks like it should still work fine. Here's a pic with it mounted on my 870 (WITHOUT) the Magpul fore end....however, after looking at the Magpul forend, I doubt it will pose much of an issue...but, I'm assuming, right now. hehe

Air gun Office supplies Auto part Gun accessory Cable

However, the other cool thing about the 3gungear mounting system, is that, you can also remove the shell holder, and slap it on a tactical vest velcro section.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
well, i'm going to get the 7 shot saddle then, worst case senario is i trim the forend, or send back the saddle for a different one.

Raven, I'll put up some pics for you when I have mine all done as well if you haven't made any final decisions on what you want to get, so you can have an idea of what you might be getting in to. I have the mp stock already installed

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
well, i'm going to get the 7 shot saddle then, worst case senario is i trim the forend, or send back the saddle for a different one.

Raven, I'll put up some pics for you when I have mine all done as well if you haven't made any final decisions on what you want to get, so you can have an idea of what you might be getting in to. I have the mp stock already installed
Hey Sweet,

Here's some updated pictures for you guys regarding the 3GunGear Side Saddle, AND complete Magpul furniture on a Rem 870. Do NOT buy the 8rd Side Saddle! The 7rd is perfect!

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun accessory Gun barrel

Comfort Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door

Wood Cable Tool Office supplies Electric blue

Now, in order for the Magpul fore end to fit properly on my 870, I had to remove my heat guard. Eh'...no big deal. Just bought it for fun, anyway.

SIDENOTE:
The side saddle system does not interfere with your hands, or get in the way of racking the gun. Just in case anyone was curious...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.