New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get an AR15 stock adaptor for a Remington 1100? I cant find any online stores with an In Stock status and want one for a project. I have been burned in the past ordering from online stores that dont show " In Stock" for their items.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Would this be with a pistol grip as well? Because that would be illegal unless the stock was fixed.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could do it to a preban 11-87 but the issue is the recoil spring in the stock of the 1100. It just makes it too hard to produce. Here is one that was modified. Elite Tactical Advantage - Devastator Shotgun
I have seen that one but can not find anyone online who i know still carries it.

I plan on keeping it legal. I just want a pistol grip and a nice recoil absorbing AR stock. I uave seen the shotgun ones but dont like them, and they are just spring loaded ones anyways, not what i want.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would this be with a pistol grip as well? Because that would be illegal unless the stock was fixed.
This 1100 was built in the 70's so it is pre ban, a pistol grip is just fine.

Now that i have torn down and have a better understanding on the anatomy of the 1100 i see that without serious modifications the AR srock will not work. They are not overly clear on the websites for the grip adaptor pertaining to the 1100. They will fit an 870 just fine, if you can find them but without relocating the recoil spring assembly that is in the stock it simply wont work. I read a decent amount of information on the mod and it was never made overly clear that without serious modification it cant be done, and since no one offers to relocate the recoil spring anymore its kind of a lost cause for the 1100. From what i read about the company that did it, they didnt do many and the work was pretty shoddy.

In searching i actually came across a link to this thread many times. I wanted to add this info here to hopefully help anyone in future and save them some trouble. I spent a good many hours looking into this mod and it is just not something that can be done easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.