New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, winter is not to far away, no grass to cut and other chores to a minimum, it's the time of year I have extra time to devote to reloading. Running low from all the summer shooting, it's time to replenish the ammo cans. Crank out some rounds and have a few beers afterwards on a nice quiet weekend. So looking forward to some enjoy time!!!!!!!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It's always reloading season here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I load year round. I have some powders even though my distributor can't get many different ones. I have 2 or 3 different powder loads for each of my guns incase one is not available. I have had to switch my #1 load to #2 or 3. All shoot the same.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I had to go with a different bullet weight with my latest batch of .308 reloads due to supplies. 165 instead of 150. Reloaders were made to adapt. :)

Do wish Verget would come back to my LGS though...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
good luck finding powder and primers. cabelas has cci small rifler primers in stock that was the only place i could find em cant find any powder anywhere online got all the stuff to reload up some .223's coming except the powder.. guess i could use what ive aready got but wanted to try the verget powder

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I like shooting in the winter better. The ground is frozen so my boots don't get muddy, and the range is quiet. Plus, in a slow heavy snowfall, you can see the bullet trail for a split second. Also, I am a wimp, so the winter jacket is a recoil reducer.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
good luck finding powder and primers. cabelas has cci small rifler primers in stock that was the only place i could find em cant find any powder anywhere online got all the stuff to reload up some .223's coming except the powder.. guess i could use what ive aready got but wanted to try the verget powder
I, not actually having the primer issue. My LGS has a stock of all the sizes. Just picked up some SPPs when I got the 308 bullets.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'd love to reload over the winter but I can't find powder or bullets. I have about 10,000 primers and about 5,000 brass cases of 9mm but powder and bullets I can't find any where!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have not had a problem finding any components that I am looking for sometimes I have to settle for a 2 nd choice of powder, but not often.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Supplies being limited might be a local thing, or maybe the LGS does not put a priority on buying reloading supplies. Two LGS near me that have a good variety of reloading gear are pretty well stocked. Varget is hit or miss on supply recently, but it is coming back it seems. Primers of all types are back in stock typically, and 308, 224 and 355 bullets are back on the shelves in both lead and jacketed.

Not everything is back in stock all the time, but it is much different than the story this past spring.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I, not actually having the primer issue. My LGS has a stock of all the sizes. Just picked up some SPPs when I got the 308 bullets.
I havent looked at local gun stores for components yet as I just started reloading (had supplies for a while never used them) gonna be looking around locally

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's always reloading season here. :cool:
Would love reloading season 365, 24/7 but a lot gets in the way of that, kid stuff, family stuff, home upkeep stuff, work stuff, lol. Just looking toward to some free time come the colder part of the year.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was able to get (limited ammount) of Unique, IMR 4350, H4831, RL22 and several others about 3 weeks ago from a distributor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts