New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a bit of an issue reloading 32acp and hope someone can suggest
something that I have not tried yet.

The problem is I get inconsistent results on all my reloads. Only 2, sometimes only 3 of 6 will fire, and the ones that did not fire have pin depressions.

I have reloaded to both Hogdon and Lee specs. This includes powder charge, bullet weight, and col.
I have tried Winchester and CCI primers, Hodgdon Titegroup and IMR PB powders. I have tested with only round nosed
bullets both lead and jacketed.

I have also used a factory loaded cartridge to measure col.

I am shooting a Kel-Tec P32 and all factory loads shoot and cycle fine.

I am so in need of guidance and wisdom.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Do the primers fire and powder not ignite or is the primer failing to fire all together? If the primers are not firing have you tried that particular box of primers in other loads? Do the reloads fiire if you cycle them through and try again?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the primers fire and powder not ignite or is the primer failing to fire all together? If the primers are not firing have you tried that particular box of primers in other loads? Do the reloads fiire if you cycle them through and try again?
Thanks, GM. failed to mention that. I have used the same primers in my other loads (380 and 9) and never had a failure. I tested 2 magazines of 6 each and each time had 4 ftf with the primers dented. I then reloaded the 4 fts and got 3 to fire the second time out of each group.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here :-( hints and things to try gladly accepted.

Thanks much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts