New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
OMG thats a very long read, interesting, but you better be a speed reader.

I do have a question about this:
The Second Amendment protects those arms that are"typically possessed by lawabiding citizens for lawful purposes and those in common use.
This includes the handguns25 Excluded from this protection is the short barreled shotgun, dangerous and unusual weapons,and M16 rifles and the like.
"

doesn't that mean "modern sporting rifles" like the AR-15

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

"

looks to me like they want us to have full auto M16's instead of semi-auto AR15's.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

"

That is our argument in the Second Circuit. That the AR is NOT a dangerous and unusual weapon, but rather in common use.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
It's a great read. And it's not just resistance to Heller, it's open defiance by lower courts, and organized defiance.

Thanks scogst. I saved this and will reference it every time I debate a gun grabber online and need to rub his head against the cheese-grater of reality. The question of the private possession of guns and of what types is settled law. These lesser courts are just acting as political weapons, issuing malicious decisions that become law, and costing millions of dollars and time to clean up.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Law abiding citizens don't typically own M-16s.

I have a Chevy Impala. It may somewhat look like a police car but it isn't.

My AR may look like an M-16 but it does not perform like one.
It is a semi-automatic rifle that is very much in common use by millions of Americans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts