New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently had an m&p9 c.o.r.e. added to my permit, just waiting for the green card to come in the mail. after all of my research I think I want to Trijicon RMR RM01, iv had reflex sights before and still have one on my .22 but jus wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the mini's. I know the deltapoint is the best for target and competition, but this is going to be a part of my EDC. the RM01 is on all of the time and battery lasts for a year and the dot auto-adjusts light brightness, the deltapoint also auto-adjusts but you can literally use the RMR to pound in nails in a 4x4 and it will work like new. anyone have any experience in what to avoid?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in case somedid stroll acrost this but didn't post, went with the duall illuminated rmr

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice! I hope it works out well for you. I have never ran a pistol with a reflex sight. after you get some time behind it at the range and carrying concealed you should do a write up on your thoughts. I would love to hear about an everyday carry gun with a RMR on it. This forum seriously lacks in quality threads and I would love to see some reviews on noteworthy equipment and firearms. Keep me posted I'm interested!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello, I currently run the RMR07 on my CORE. Only one I would tell you to have avoided was the deltapoint, I had nothing but problems just getting it to work when tightened down properly. The RMR has been absolutely outstanding. I only use it for fun so I avoided the dual illumination.

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/handguns/61658-s-w-m-p-9mm-core.html

this was the thread for mine when I got it, with some pics.

enjoy, it is a sweet gun!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just waiting on the card from the judge to go pick it up, iv taken the sight in all environments I am going to need it in and it seams to work fine for me, a flashlight on the gun is the only thing that washes it out soo much that I cant see the dot, I will post back and maby even vid the shooting of it because I couldn't find a good vid of the dual illuminated rmr

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is if this new judge ever signs off on the amendment, checked the mail again with no luck. granted its only almost 3 week and others wait longer but its still frustrating as #$%^

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

loving it so far, gonna give it a test run on sunday, supposed to be above 32 degrees

·
Registered
437 Posts
Self Defense sights, I went to a class once and lot of fellas were using an "express" sight. Gave them a try, IMO nothing better. XS Big Dot 24/7.

XS Big Dot, its a big visible dot, works on the premise of "express sights" used on African double rifles. If you are familiar with double rifles and their use, you know they are for fast acquisition on targets that may well die on top of you. Oh, and if they don't die, they may eat you or stomp you into a puddle. So fast accurate shot placement is KEY, notch and post is a no go in this scenario.

Anyway, for fast point and shoot with reference, look at XS Big Dots. This sight excels in the transitional light and low ambient light environment.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got to shoot it for the first time yesterday, not a single malfunction and went through 3 different brands of ammo. i sighted the dot in at home inline with the iron sights. every single time it was dead on. just gotta work on my technique

1 - 11 of 11 Posts