New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any business with Red X Arms? I am interested in an Upper from them but just wonder if its worth it. $390 for a 300 Blackout upper is cheap, maybe thats for a reason. Plus it would look weird being a stainless barrel on a Black lower, but hey if it shoots, I dont really care lol.

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Get a 6.8 or 308. Least they provide advantages. Both are cheaper and provide greater performance than the 300blk which was really designed with cans in mind...just a thought.

AR10s are pretty sweet guns.. :)And not many have them

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a 6.8 or 308. Least they provide advantages. Both are cheaper and provide greater performance than the 300blk which was really designed with cans in mind...just a thought.

AR10s are pretty sweet guns.. :)And not many have them
I have also been looking at the 6.5 Grendel uppers too. No one local sells 6.8 ammo, which sucks.

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I looked at their web page a while back, I like the look of the stainless barrel. No idea on the quality. There are 2 300 black out loads, one for subsonic use and one thats full on, not really too much difference between the full on load and the 6.8 SPC.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
"please take your time and look around! We are a type 07 ffl manufacturer of ar15 style (offering multiple calibers) and rxa-308 assault rifles (.308 caliber), parts, and accessories! we manufacture most parts in house in our 2 fully automated cnc machine shops we own and operate here in minnesota. We take pride in what we manufacture and offer to you! all our products are manufactured to mil-spec tolerances."

· Registered
1,841 Posts
Never even heard of them.
Also why 300 blkout when we can't get cans here in NY?

Pointlessly Exspensive ammo
I have an older .300 Fireball for quite the opposite reason; ridiculously cheap reloads. It's hard to cast and shoot a .224" bullet at 2600 fps when it's made out of wheelweights. But when it's a .30 caliber bullet that's closer to 200 grains at 900 fps, that simplifies things significantly. I can shoot for about a nickel a shot on a bad day, then. And with the right load, it gets pretty quiet on its own. Plus, I enjoy sorting through cases to find the right LC brass that I can cut off to get the right neck thickness without having to turn it, then I get to spend some time making something I'm going to enjoy later.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
"please take your time and look around! We are a type 07 ffl manufacturer of ar15 style (offering multiple calibers) and rxa-308 assault rifles (.308 caliber), parts, and accessories! we manufacture most parts in house in our 2 fully automated cnc machine shops we own and operate here in minnesota. We take pride in what we manufacture and offer to you! all our products are manufactured to mil-spec tolerances."
I did not see that. So they probably profile their own barrels. I wonder what blanks the barrels are made from.

I don't see them making their own receivers though. Possible but it would surprise me.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Meh, after looking at their parts page they don't make most of that stuff. I don't care what they say. Bolt carriers, charging handles, barrel nuts, barrel extensions, receivers, etc... are all bought from someone else and rebranded. I would bet money on it.

Doesn't mean it isn't alright stuff though.

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So after giving this more thought, I dont know lol. I however am looking and researching again on 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel. Or see if I can trade my AR15, with a .22lr upper and 223 upper, for an AR10 plus some cash (which is a doubtful trade)

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Rebranders, I ****ing hate rebranders!

· Registered
35 Posts
I bought a 20" bull barrel from them about 6 months ago, price was best anywhere, shipping took awhile (almost 3 weeks). Barrel appeared to be very good quality but was VERY heavy (more so than any comparable barrels from other sources I had handled). If your going inexpensive, they are fine. If you want top shelf your better off elsewhere.

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a 20" bull barrel from them about 6 months ago, price was best anywhere, shipping took awhile (almost 3 weeks). Barrel appeared to be very good quality but was VERY heavy (more so than any comparable barrels from other sources I had handled). If your going inexpensive, they are fine. If you want top shelf your better off elsewhere.
Cool thanks for that. For the price I wasnt expecting top shelf.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.