New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 9mm carry pistol....I'm thinking "thin is in" I've carried a Glock 27 now for a while and am selling it (check out the firearms for sale area). I want to standardize on 9mm....and the natural choice was a 19 or a 26 to replace the 27 but I'm curious about maybe a thinner option for even easier concealability...

So...any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I, too, am looking for my first pistol (after I apply for the permit and all). Ive had recommendations for the 19 over the 26 because its more "versatile". But, I'm still interested in the 26.

Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My friend swears by his khar. He revels in the fact he can conceal it a lot easier then my glock 23. Not as accurate as other larger 9mm platforms but fun to shoot none the less.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you're looking for a thin 9mm, The Walthers PPS is very thin (single stack mag 6 or 7rnds I believe) A friend of mine owns one. They Hide extremely well, and it shoots accurately as long as you have the mag with the grip extension on it (unless you're a good shot with your pinky curled under.) I've shot it, and I enjoyed it, I may even buy one some day.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yeah, I have a PPS. Excellent pistol. Accurate and reliable. It's one of the only pistols that I will never sell off.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow...the PM9 doesn't come cheap does it? Maybe I will stick with my chubbie little glocks. :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know its not a 9 but its a hell of alot close to one...sig sauer p238.
Got one for my lady and kinda wish I kept it for myself. Smooth as can be and the triggers crisp. Only downside is the single stack mags limiting your capacity to 7rds.

If you want a dirt cheap EDC id recommend a kel tec pf9 or p11. After 200rds or so to break in and a good fluff and buff theyre pretty solid little shooters. Just have to get over the extremely long trigger pull.

Personally Id go for a kimber carry pro.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KelTec and CM9 are good options....had never heard of a Rohrbaugh before...thanks for broadening my horizons.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My CCW is a Ruger SR9c with Remingtom Sabers in a Desantis speed scabbard. My competition pistols are Glocks.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Stay with the Glock. nothing like an old reliable shoe.
For summer you can get a Keltec PF9. Slim, reliable, unexpensive and shoots pretty well. Made in the USA.
Glock, the AK of the pistols.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I'm hoping to find someone local with a pf9 this summer so I can try it...then again I love my 19 and will be adding CT Grip laser to it soon...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I have a PPS. Excellent pistol. Accurate and reliable. It's one of the only pistols that I will never sell off.
I've got one and had the same thought... I want to rid myself of one of my guns, the PPS was the first taken off the list of possible sales.

It has run flawless for me. I got it used for a great price considering it came with 3 mags, 2 short and 1 with the pinky extension, it came with an X2 laser light which is great for checking things out that go bump in the night. My only wish is that someone made a kydex insert for the PPS with the X2 light for the comp-tac holster. oh well can't have everything.

What I like: (in order)
1.) it fits
2.) arguably the best mag release of any gun I've used.
3.) it hides very easily
4.) its no soo small that it is difficult or tiresome to shoot at the range
5.) its made by sie germans
6.) they have sexy commercials on Wednesday nights. (this should be #1)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
my first suggestion would be to check out a pm9. i have a pm40, the 9's supposed to be even better. i hear the new ruger lc9 is a great innovation that won't break the bank, but it's often wise to wait a couple years so they can work out the kinks. i jumped aboard with the lcr when it first came out and am more than happy with the results, but i would've had more front site (and caliber) options had i waited a bit for the beta testing to take place. keltec's pf9 is a much cheaper choice, though i've shot them and don't have much to say other than 'you get what you pay for' as far as accuracy, comfort, and fit and finish go. the keltec p11 is too boxy, has a somehow worse trigger than the pf9, and is only slightly smaller than a glock 26. i've heard great things about the walther pps, though it looks too much like a toy to me. the polymer doesn't look as durable as that of a glock, but that's only an observation and personal bias. as far as the rohrbaugh goes, i've never shot one and have heard good things as far as alleged quality...but the owner himself recommends only shooting it once in awhile to stay proficient since the guns have mechanical issues of some kind as they get older. i dunno about you, but that's not the kind of investment i want to make, let alone trust my life with. good luck with your hunt for the perfect concealable 9mm. the selection can seem overwhelming. let us know how you decide.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts