New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a dedicated upper in 22LR to accompany my new AR. Not sure where to start. I know it will have some glass on it, and I know I want a "heavy" barrel for 100-200 yard shooting.
Recommend some places for me to shop?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
I recently got a DPMS with the 16" heavy barrel. Can't say enough about it, shoots nice groups and has yet to malfunction through about 600-700 rounds. I bought mine through Midway. I e-mailed DPMS and they told me 2-3 months from order date for delivery. I waited 2 months exactly through Midway. You can place an order even though they aren't in stock and just wait, that's what I did. I've run Black Dog and CMMG magazines with equal success. It also was the only dedicated upper I could find that was NY compliant without having to add and weld on a muzzle brake, etc..

Here's the upper alone. I scored the case for $5 at the Syracuse Sunday Flea Market, it's actually a hand saw case. It fits like it was made for the upper. I just put a scope on the upper yesterday and it still fits like a glove. The upper slides into a pocket in one side, then the whole thing folds over and zips, then the end flap folds over and buckles. :)

Here it is on my Stag lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts