New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recent Wayne County applicant news out there? Time frames or news on interviews? I've been waiting for about 10 weeks now... not that I'm complaining after some of the horror stories I've been reading on this site! Just not seeing much on the Wayne County front!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I received mine the first week of March this year. I waited just over 5 weeks from when I dropped off my application. A couple of co-workers that just received theirs were closer to 3 months.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Earlier this year Wifey finally got around to getting her paperwork submitted.
A couple of weeks later Wayne Co Sheriff called and asked if he could schedule interview.
Came a couple of days later. Was there less than 5 minutes and never entered the house.
Asked "Are you Mrs AT?", "How long have you lived here?" and "What kind of permit are you applying for?"
That was all. Got her restricted permit a week later.
Five maybe six weeks total.
Really, not a big deal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm at just about the 13 week mark today! Judging by what I have read on this site, 3 to 3.5 months seems to be the norm so I figure I should be hearing something soon but not holding my breath. I have heard that they had one of the investigators that work on the pistol permits recently retire but I am not sure what if any impact this may have. Oh well, so the wait continues......

·
Registered
162 Posts
Five months and one day since I turned in my paper work and I got my call to setup for my interview today. Set for Oct 3rd. So I'm guessing it is going to be close to the 6 month point when I hear from the county.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Turned paperwork in 26 March...had deputy Judge ( yes that is his name) interview me yesterday. He said probably 2-3 weeks I will get the permit in the mail.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats guys! It is nice to hear some positive news on the Wayne County front! I turned mine app in on May 1st... Just shy of 5 months for me. I'm not holding my breath, but hoping to hear something soon!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I applied last year and got it 5 months to the day later. It came in the mail one week afterthe home visit. Goihg to have the wife apply this November. Hope it's quicker for her than me!

My last ammendment however took three weeks to get updated. I hate leaving firearms in the store that long!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it's taking a long time, just call the Sheriff's office. I called in when I thought it was taking a long time, and got a call back from a Deputy to schedule the interview the next day. Two weeks later, got my permit in the mail.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am stoked!!! Got the call From Deputy Judge today to set up the appointment for my interview! 5 months and 1 day. Interview is October 10th.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds like we are on the same schedule, I'm just a week ahead. Had my visit from Deputy Judge this morning. Nice guy, quick chat and he was on his way saying I should see my permit in a couple of weeks.

Asked how long I have lived here, do I have any experience with guns. Some small talk then he mentioned that the Sheriffs Department has free gun locks, just stop in if I need one. He did apologize for how long it took, said Albany caused a 2 month delay (should have asked what that was) and that the previous Deputy that did the home visits retired and that caused some delay.

I'm 17 days from the 6 month mark so I might make it under the wire.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deputy Judge stopped by today for a quick interview! Basic questions, asked how long I had lived at my address, if I had any experience with firearms, and if I had any plans to get further training if and after I recieved my pistol permit. He also explained that things had pretty much slowed to a crawl after the prior Deputy retired and that he had a stack of permit applications about 6 inches thick on his desk and that he is only able to work on them on Wednesdays and Thursdays and on average, gets thru 8 or 9 a day. He also mentioned that the mental health checks had pretty much came to a stop for a couple of months and that they had stsrted to trickle back at the end of June. He also noted that I should see my permit in a few weeks if all goes well by cautioned that this was a general time frame and that an exact date could not be given. a very nice guy and very professional.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Deputy Judge stopped by today for a quick interview! Basic questions, asked how long I had lived at my address, if I had any experience with firearms, and if I had any plans to get further training if and after I recieved my pistol permit. He also explained that things had pretty much slowed to a crawl after the prior Deputy retired and that he had a stack of permit applications about 6 inches thick on his desk and that he is only able to work on them on Wednesdays and Thursdays and on average, gets thru 8 or 9 a day. He also mentioned that the mental health checks had pretty much came to a stop for a couple of months and that they had stsrted to trickle back at the end of June. He also noted that I should see my permit in a few weeks if all goes well by cautioned that this was a general time frame and that an exact date could not be given. a very nice guy and very professional.
Check you mail tomorrow Rick,,,,,might be Christmas time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts