New York Firearms Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Given that the OP says he has the time and money to see this through, I am reasonably certain he will receive his permit - the only question is how much money and time he will have to sink into it. I absolutely disagree with Smitty's assertion that the OP has no recourse unless the licensing officer's decision is arbitrary and capricious.

In fact, I'm willing to bet a 50 cal ammo can full of 22LR that the OP will get his permit from his initial application. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?
Not me..thats a lot of ammo lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Watch and learn. You guys stay on your high horses. Extremely naive and blinded as to how the system works. And for the record I could care less about the actual permit. Its 100% about not allowing the system to win. All you smart guys should pay attention, you're one second away from losing yours. To think someone is more likely to cause havoc with a pistol and not with a long guns us just plain stupid. You guys are exactly who the left love.
I take heat here too from time to time. I know for 100% fact that inside the Penal code is a relief valve for having an unregistered unlicensed handgun and damn did i take, (and still do) heat for that..

Good luck, I hope it turns well for you.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Isn't it the time of the week for you to mow your lawn. Let me guess your life. You worked at doing some meaningless job 40 hours a week , now retired with maybe a small pension and a SS check. You eat dinner same time ever night The only interaction you have with people is on these type of forums, where you try to spread what you think is knowledge. Stay miserable . Oh the Florida comment , because you probably have never been out of NY was made because you're again probably not aware that my charge isn't even a crime in most states so I can own firearm of any kind there.
Literally dead wrong on every single account. I hope your permit prediction fares better than your predictions about me. LOL.

Oh by the way, it's not what I think. It's written fact that I posted and shared. I included the court case link and the actual legal text of "arbitrary and capricious ". You are free to look it up. Or keep paying the lawyer. He'll look it up for you. LOL. Thinking being able to have a gun in Florida has anything to do with a NY permit shows just how little you know.

There are those who know, and those who never will. We all know where you fit in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't cut grass. Haven't since I was a kid. I have a lawn service. Not sure what that has to do with your criminal record though. Keep your chin up.
Can you post your framed clean record statement here for all of us to marvel at?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Went before the Judge today, waiting for his decision. Could take 30 to 45 days. It went well I think. He didn't ask many questions. The Law secretary asked more questions off the record about shooting and hunting. I own 980 acres in Ulster County, told him he could hunt there when ever he wanted. Lol

41 - 49 of 49 Posts