New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Ruger 77/22 last fall to shoot in the sporter class at Pinetree Rifle Clubs benchrest league this year. Driving 80 miles round trip to shoot 1 class (target with my Win 52) I figured I might as well shoot 2 classes 39 benchs over 50 shooters theres 2 go-rounds. Well the 77 shot good, But with a new Shilen factory contour barrel shot some 10 round groups that a dime will cover at 50 yards! Last week the league started I shot a 250 18x's for 1st with wolf ME in the sporter class I left the 52 in the case and shot a 245 6x's for 6th place in the target class against some heavy barreled Annie's and Coopers! ( My best last year with the 52 was 244 10x's) So I'm very happy with the start of this season (GUNSICK1 you want to know how this new barrel worked out ) We shoot for 18 weeks 10 best scores count for the year end awards

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Sweet shooting! I will have to change my barrel out at some point also. Could you point me to a good place to pick one up assuming you did all the research already. Also did you install it or did you send it out?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure I got the barrel from Midway USA 239.99, I waited til they e-mailed me coupons 10/100 20/200 30/300 so I ordered a few other things and got 30$ off 300$ !! Installation was easy, barrel came with no instructions, I found I needed to leave the bolt closed when I tighted the V-block. The bolt was alittle bit tight to close but some grease on the lungs help. A friend who has been benchrest shooting for many-many years check it out and said it was just right and it would work itself in. Shoot this afternoon hope the rains not to bad!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just went to order some parts from Midway last night. (I am trying to singlehandedly end the recession.) You can only use those coupons 1x. :/ I spent $300+ about 3 weeks ago and I wanted to do the same again. No bueno. :/

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the way they work it, I wanted to order this barrel awhile back but the coupons are only good for instock and non-sale items!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy-O-Boy I'm really HAPPY with this Shilen barrel shot last night in the league Sporter class 250/24x's just miss a perfect score! Target class 243/5x's dropped 2 and 1/x from last week started raining pretty good but still move up from 6th to 5th!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Boy-O-Boy I'm really HAPPY with this Shilen barrel shot last night in the league Sporter class 250/24x's just miss a perfect score! Target class 243/5x's dropped 2 and 1/x from last week started raining pretty good but still move up from 6th to 5th!
Nice shooting!!! I've been curious about different barrels and it sounds like you found a winner!! Way to go!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts