New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to my dad's property again tomorrow (after a few hours at work) and going to have some fun. Bringing the .22 for the wifey to shoot (has only ever shot a bb gun) to step her up to my .30-06 :rolleyes:. Also grabbed a bunch of shells for the Mossberg, 180 clays, and an old spring loaded launcher. Can't wait to really get some safe and fun shooting in tomorrow.

Sadly though, all of the above weapons just might get lost in a freak boating accident tomorrow night...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shooting was absolutely awesome. The .30-06 I got from JVG shot amazing. I finished zeroing in the sight thanks to the PAST shield and it continued firing dead on. The PAST shield was absolutely amazing. I ended up putting just over 80 rounds through the .30-06 throughout the day and although my shoulder is sore, I could still go back and shoot some more today... which is very good considering how bad my shoulder is. It took me a few shots, but I was able to put a round through the brass end of an empty shotgun shell (which then pretty much disintegrated the back end of the shell). I also did a quick test of my own ability to "rapid fire" the .30-06 to get an idea how quickly I could recover from the donkey kick, re-aim, and fire off another accurate round. I set up 4 clay pigeons (large targets I know, but it was something I could easily know if I hit or not). I took out all 4 in roughly 10 seconds... which isn't bad considering its a bolt action... lol. I continue to suck at skeet shooting... went about 8 for 50 or so. I've never been very good with skeet shooting.

Unfortunately, the sight i picked up for the shotgun did not work for now. It was a cheap reflex sight (UAG or something) but I wanted to see if its something that I would like having on before spending a ton of money on a real one. But I could not get it sighted in. It was very consistent with where it put the shot, but even with the sight 100% maxed out, I was still pushing about 12" high. Might have to work with the rail mount a little bit.

Sadly though, just as I figured my luck would have it, there was a horribly boating accident and all above weapons were lost....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts