New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently a member at Rochester Rifle Club but am looking for a second club where I can shoot rifle/pistol/clay birds. I use to do a lot of archery too, so if that was something that is available that would be great too. I love the Rochester Rifle Club but being the size it is really limits what you can shoot. I've read reviews of local clubs but everything seems to be mixed, not really consistent good reviews. The other problem is getting a phone call through to one of the clubs, no one seems to answer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Canandaigua Sportsmens Club is where I shoot. It's an outdoor range.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Brooks!

I would say GCL because of the indoor range but they don't have clays there. Brooks is also way better if you want to practice shooting USPSA/IDPA and that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Brooks

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Outlet Gun Club in Penfield is only for clay birds. That doesn't solve your archery needs, but you can shoot trap or skeet even if you're not a member, and membership is cheap and lowers the price per round slightly. It is a really nice club, limited hours though.

RRC sounds like a dump to me based on the rules they have. No offense. But 5 round limit, no rapid fire, etc? You could dump them, join GCL and Outlet, and have everything covered.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Outlet Gun Club in Penfield is only for clay birds. That doesn't solve your archery needs, but you can shoot trap or skeet even if you're not a member, and membership is cheap and lowers the price per round slightly. It is a really nice club, limited hours though.
Outlet is only open on Thursday evenings and on weekends which is kind of annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts