New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shocking video of Range Rover crashing through bikers after they surround the vehicle during annual street ride | Mail Online

WATCH: Pack of motorcyclists beat up SUV driver after high-speed chase when he TWICE ran over bikers in bid to escape with wife and child

A real shame what happened, start of the video a biker brake checks the driver, unknown what occurs before this to initiate the "issue", then the Range Rover drives over a few bikers in a mad bid to get away followed by a chase and another confrontation ending in another bike getting run over. At the end the bikers corner the driver and begin to break his windows to get to him.

Where are the police? Since you cant defend yourself in NYC, the police are supposed to be everywhere to protect the citizens!!?!?!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If the biker started it good running over, if the SUV started it good beating.
Otherwise reserving comments until all the facts are on the table.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Without trying to call out who's right or wrong, what was the Range Rover driver doing following that closely? Also, as a rider myself, I'm always aware of the fact that a motorcycle can brake a hell of a lot faster than a car. Looks like maybe there's stupidity all around?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
This is where 30 round magazines would come in handy.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Sorry but to me it looked like the motorcycles where packing into the roads where ever they could fit, you aren't supposed to have 4 motorcycles in 1 lane of traffic fender to fender, and once the car got into traffic and the guys started breaking into his windows a few well placed bullets to the face would have been well within reason.

The bikers must have done something to alarm the guy, idk anyone who takes a 75K SUV and runs people over with his family in the car for no god damn reason, and then runs from them wen they try to do something back to him.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
i was in the city and got mixed onto this mess. those bikers for the most part were total [email protected] they came up fast from behind me surrounded my car slowed down and just cruised, total bully sh!t. i just stopped in the middle of the road and pretended to dial my phone. half of them had unregistered bikes, ATV and dirt bikes. they just took off, popping wheels, and the cops were there and did nothing!!!

the WHole thing was a Farse!

oh, i am not anti motorcycle. i rode only bike for about 4 years in my 20s, and still have my license.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
i was in the city and got mixed onto this mess. those bikers for the most part were total [email protected] they came up fast from behind me surrounded my car slowed down and just cruised, total bully sh!t. i just stopped in the middle of the road and pretended to dial my phone. half of them had unregistered bikes, ATV and dirt bikes. they just took off, popping wheels, and the cops were there and did nothing!!!

the WHole thing was a Farse!

oh, i am not anti motorcycle. i rode only bike for about 4 years in my 20s, and still have my license.
Okay, that's bad.

I have to add, too, that I don't know why anyone would choose to ride a bike in the city. The roads are crap, too much start and stop. Not my idea of a good time.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wonder if these idiot NYC polticians are going to start banning motorcycles and SUVs.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I went on a poker run once a few years ago and saw a guy get ripped out of his car in Canandaigua. I'll never take part in another right like that again.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Good thing no one called the NYPD or there'd of been hundreds of falalities.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If one suspects wrong doing by anyone call the police and report what you see vs. taking the matters in your own hands.
Many here we are responsible firearms and conceal carry owners and we know in situations like this you simply need to
back off and let the authorities take over.
Keep filming is ok. Participating and assisting with the scalation of a potentially deadly situation is not.

Never underestimate the stupidity of humans in large groups. We see it every week in sports stadiums all around the world.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Looked like one biker got in front and stopped.. but it remains to be seen if there was more before that occurred.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I posted a thread a year or two ago about an eerily similar event that happened to me about 12 years ago - 2 d-bags on rice rockets were driving 35mph in a 55mph zone (on Transit just past Millersport, near Amherst, NY). I passed the 2 rice rockets and out of nowhere I see brake lights light up in front of me, 10+ additional rice rockets. They swarmed my vehicle like hornets and tried to get me to veer off the road by braking/cutting me off, etc. This went on for a solid mile (it felt like 10 miles) and I was on my cell phone to 911 the entire time. Eventually too many of them swarmed around me and it was either stop or run them down. Considering I was driving a '93 Olds Cutlass that wasn't in great shape at the time, I stopped, and within a few seconds all my windows were busted out, some things were stolen from my vehicle (once the windows were broken), and I took repeated shots to the face as my driver's side window was also broken. I was on with 911 the entire time. No police showed up until I returned back to where I lived in Williamsville.

I was the only one in my vehicle when that went down. If my wife and children had been in the car, I would've run them down with guns a blazing. No way I would've risked their well being by stopping. My defcon mode would've gone from 5 to 0 in a blink. Now I don't know exactly what happened with that Range Rover prior to what is shown in the video, but there's no excuse for rice rocket riders to gang up on someone like that. That's a major disparity of force, and I can't blame the driver for running down those bikers.

What meketrefe said is 100% true. You'd think people would act more intelligently when they put their minds together, but in a GANG mentality situation that is just NOT the case. People become unpredictable, dangerous animals wth IQ's below that of a golden retriever in a gang-up situation.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Never underestimate the stupidity of humans in large groups. We see it every week in sports stadiums all around the world.
In NY it's called election day.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
i'm very pro motorcycle, but I've been in a situation where I thought I was going to have to do a similar thing as this range rover driver.
but I don't know why he would have thought for a second he could ever out run them.

who knows what led up to when this video started, but this is a sh*tty situation all the way around.

the mob mentality get's escalated pretty darn quick, especially these days.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Based on what is contained the story, I think the bikers got off too easy. SUV vs 100 bikes is 100 swerves away from a solved problem.

Might be more to the story, etc.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i rode on the street for many years. based on what ive read here (did a quick read) i would say the RR operator was justified for being in fear from a MOB of bikers.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts