New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've been shooting on my families property for years now, but unfortunately due to a death in the family, the property has been left to anti-gun family members. Due to this I am now in search of a club to join. I was going to join the ER&GC, but due to the topic I read here, I am not sure now.

Anyways, I am trying to find a range somewhat near by but am not really having any luck. I saw Otisco, Pathfinder, and Oneida, but they all require a sponsor. I do not know anyone who uses these clubs, so those are out. The only one I saw that I could join without too much hassle is Syracuse Pistol Club, but their dues are a bit much. Does anyone know of another club nearby that is taking on new members? Right now, I only shoot pistols, and shotgun occasionally when I can borrow a family members, though I plan in the near future to buy an AR15, or something similar. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

· Registered
37 Posts
I just joined the North Sportsman's club in West Monroe. I had a membership to Elbridge as well, but let it lapse and rejoining now has turned into a hassle. The NSC is easy to join, but it may be a bit of a hike for you. I live in Baldwinsville, so it isn't right around the corner for me either. They have a 300 yard range, so the possibilities for testing your AR are there. Their website is here if you want to check it out.

· Registered
658 Posts
Baldwinsville has a rod and gun club as well

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
I think if you found out when the monthly meetings are for the clubs you are interested in and attended, you could probably find a sponsor after introducing yourself. We have had people do this at our club, realizing that you may not know a member. We have had people come, introduce themselves, and visit with the members for awhile, and give a little background on themselves. Someone usually will step up to sponsor them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.