New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for a club were i can shoot any time im no marksman just looking to shoot in control area.
and trying to build collection the write way.thanks for any advise that could help.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Camillus Sportsman's Club

HUGE outdoor range, indoor range accessible by members 24/7 with some ammo restrictions

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I wish there was something closer to me......I live about 2 hours south of you guys.....We have outdoor but nothing indoors....

·
Registered
289 Posts
South Shore Rod and Gun, South Bay Road, Cicero
I'm a member here. $50 a year and as long as you don't rapid fire and are a safe shooter you won't be bothered. Its only a 100 yard range but they just redid the firing line and replaced the old tables. And I have literally never met an a-hole when I go there to shoot. Some of the nicest gun owners around.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Just go and talk to either Ron in the office, or the girl behind the bar. If the door is locked off the parking lot, walk around back and the bar tender will buzz you in. Pay, give your info, and you are a member. They will send you a letter or give it to you right then about an optional new member meeting.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Well, I tried to sign up, but the place really creeped me out. Just like you said, the front door was locked, but there were a bunch of people inside, sitting at the bar in the dark, and they all looked at me when I tried opening the door. Not sure if it's the kind of place I want to join...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, I tried to sign up, but the place really creeped me out. Just like you said, the front door was locked, but there were a bunch of people inside, sitting at the bar in the dark, and they all looked at me when I tried opening the door. Not sure if it's the kind of place I want to join...
There is nothing creepy about South Shore. Just do what VERDAD said and go to the side door. The guys at the bar are just a bunch of old hicks that mumble if the people that actually use the range are firing anything besides "huntin' rifles and shotguns". Fudd-ism aside, everyone I've met there is a good person. I usually get compliments on my M1s.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
There is nothing creepy about South Shore. Just do what VERDAD said and go to the side door. The guys at the bar are just a bunch of old hicks that mumble if the people that actually use the range are firing anything besides "huntin' rifles and shotguns". Fudd-ism aside, everyone I've met there is a good person. I usually get compliments on my M1s.
Yeah, from what I could tell, this gun club is more about the "club" and less about the gun. Not really the type of establishment I want to be a part of.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, from what I could tell, this gun club is more about the "club" and less about the gun. Not really the type of establishment I want to be a part of.
your choice man. South Shore is just a cheap place to shoot with a decent community.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Yeah, and it's very close, so I wish it were more in line of what I was looking for, but I don't think I can sign up with a club that I don't feel comfortable with.

The search continues I guess.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, and it's very close, so I wish it were more in line of what I was looking for, but I don't think I can sign up with a club that I don't feel comfortable with.

The search continues I guess.
Liverpool rod and gun club is probably the next closest but more expensive.

"Membership requires that the applicant, be 21 years of age, attend three monthly meetings and receive a safety briefing. If openings are available, the applicant will be voted on by the membership at the third monthly meeting. Dues are $115.00 for first year members ($35.00 initiation) and $80.00 yearly dues. First year members are required to attend a club work day(s). First year members are probationary for the first 12 months. Attend the next meeting for additional information."

not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't blame you one bit Scars. People can't be helpful enough to open the door or point you in the right direction, but sit and stare? I wouldn't touch that place either. Not my idea of a "decent community" at all.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Yeah, it was weird because it was so dark inside, and they all turned to look at me at the same time and then just sat there.

I'm pretty bummed about it too, since it's just a stone's throw from where I live. Guess I'll keep making that 45 min drive to Pathfinder.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm going to check out a range in Hastings. Heard it's never crowded and only 25 dollars a year to belong. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts