New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Firing Line near the dunkin donuts on Middletown in Pearl River. There's a range under one of the little league fields near Veterans that the Pearl River gun club shoots at also. Honestly, the best I've found so far is Davis in Goshen or Blue Mountain just north of Westchester. There is a range off of the Thruway in Suffern but that's about as much as I know about it.

· Registered
149 Posts
I believe the range in Suffern is the Ramapough Sportsmen Association which is also a members only club. I am planning on checking out the
Westchester County Police Revolver & Rifle Range in Ardsley tomorrow. I just found out about it from a member on this board and it's about ten minutes from my job in Yonkers.
I have the lifetime membership at The Firing Line in Pearl River but I'm not really a fan. I've been to the 100 Yard rifle range once at Blue Mountain and it was nice enough but the hours aren't great.
Davis up in Goshen isn't bad and I'm still meaning to check out Master Class in Monroe.

· Registered
121 Posts
I have the lifetime membership at The Firing Line in Pearl River but I'm not really a fan.
I wanted to tell myself that this place is really ok, excusing the poor ventilation and lighting, or that fact that it's a pig sty with garbage cans over flowning, and shells all over the floor cause no one cleans up after themselves nor does the staff. because it's so convienent and close. But...

It's JUST NOT SAFE! Last time I was there... 1 Kid working... Down around the counter on his laptop, not paying attention to anything else. No Range officer, no one watching anything.

And I'm in there with this guy teaching his girlfriend how to shoot the for the first time, and they have firearms all over the table behind them, and ME, and they are loading and fooling around with all of them.

Here I am trying to shoot, and am looking over my shoulder freaking out, thinking am I going to get shot here? I was going to leave, but they did first. Not Cool...

SCARY!!!

Royd

· Registered
2,442 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.