New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Rand Paul has been the only surviving name on my short list for over a year...my vote is his to lose at this point.

That said, this promise/pledge/statement is completely unnecessary. Setting aside for the moment that an EO only has validity within the Executive Branch to begin with and has no weight of law beyond being essentially a CEO's mission statement, the essential thing to remember here is that any and all EO expire at the end of the term of the President who signed them.

Newly Elected President Paul will not have to issue an EO to repeal all previous EO's as they will have already expired the moment he takes the Oath. What he has to do is NOT REISSUE EO's that other Presidents have signed.

Its refreshing to hear the sentiment, however.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rand Paul has been the only surviving name on my short list for over a year...my vote is his to lose at this point.

That said, this promise/pledge/statement is completely unnecessary. Setting aside for the moment that an EO only has validity within the Executive Branch to begin with and has no weight of law beyond being essentially a CEO's mission statement, the essential thing to remember here is that any and all EO expire at the end of the term of the President who signed them.

Newly Elected President Paul will not have to issue an EO to repeal all previous EO's as they will have already expired the moment he takes the Oath. What he has to do is NOT REISSUE EO's that other Presidents have signed.

I didn't know that and, I like it!!! How about an executive order banning all future EOs? :wacko:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Ahh but in order to continue the procession of the EO , the president has to sign one that says that all EO,s will be furthered ! So if Rand Paul says that he will sign the further meant of the proceeding EO,s this in my world means that everything BO has signed will not be used as policy ! This could be a huge game changer right here ! Maybe enough to push him into the front !

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
How about repealing and banning all EO at the state and federal level.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
it was my understanding that EO's do not expire at the end of a presidents term, so they would have to be addressed by a new president.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rand Paul has been the only surviving name on my short list for over a year...
Who else would you vote for? Hillary? Reading this rhetoric sounds like you do not like any Rep/Conservative candidates and voted for Obama/Cuomo because they were the "least of the two evils" excuse that everyone gives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.