New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A local gun shop is having a raffle on a Stag Arms SA810

$5.00 a ticket, 250 tickets available

Here are some pictures I took of it with his permission I'm sorry I only had a cell phone and I'm not a professional photographer haha

The shop is Brookmeade Rod & Gun Shop
Located at:
985 Route 376
Suite #3
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I had no idea this LGS even existed! Guess I need to get my butt up there to buy a ticket. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Strange, I've never heard of this place either and I thought I knew every dealer at least within in a hundred miles radius. Cool, maybe I can get out there on the weekend or something.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Conspiracy! Oh, wrong thread, my bad ;)

Seriously, thanks for posting. I'm going to look them up to see if they'll take a check by mail. Would make a pretty nice Karma for $5, lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmm... i guess i know what im doing

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy just opened up about 3 months ago and he's still waiting on his NYS Dealers license so no handguns. He used to have a store down in Yonkers but he's up here now. I've been just hanging out in the shop talking to him a few times a week. Really nice guy. Actually knew my dad when they were younger haha.

Cgrutt if you want I can pick up a ticket and mail it to you or something if needed.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I stopped by Brookmeade Rod & Gun Shop today. We talked a bit. Jimmy (the owner?) seems like a really nice guy. A portion of the raffle will benefit a local Church (St. Judes?). I bought two tickets instead of one for that very reason.

I wish Jimmy luck, hope the store does well. A pleasant experience for a change, based on my experiences at some of the other LGS' in the region.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahahaha I was just there talking to him and he said someone came in and said that I told them about it. Said his name was Jim and I was thinking "is this minderasr?" hahahaha turned out I was right.

Yea Jimmy is the owner. Definitely is a nice guy.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Jimmy did mention you too. :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha just left there again and ran into JT (hexidismal). Apparently a few other people called today as well. I forgot to list the phone number but it is 845-204-9448

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Heh, yep. After meeting Sean very recently on a totally unrelated thing, it was funny to bump into him so soon again while I was picking up some raffle tickets. It was a good cause, so I picked up 4. Anyway, the owner of the place seems like a really nice and friendly guy. It's always great to see a new shop open in the area, and the owner has a good attitude about it.

Also, he has plenty of raffle tickets yet to sell.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ I can pick up the tickets for you if you give me the money. But you need to pick it up in person (if you win)

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Can you pick up two for me and I'll send the cash in the Karma envelope? Just let me know before Sat (and how much). Thanks.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Can you pick up two for me and I'll send the cash in the Karma envelope? Just let me know before Sat (and how much). Thanks.
I just re-read the thread. Get 4 and put your name on two of them. I'll send you $20 plus the pocket knife tomorrow :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I've been wondering if this was drawn yet or not. I had mostly forgotten about it, but came across my tickets the other day while cleaning.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just re-read the thread. Get 4 and put your name on two of them. I'll send you $20 plus the pocket knife tomorrow :)
I just sent you a PM

I've been wondering if this was drawn yet or not. I had mostly forgotten about it, but came across my tickets the other day while cleaning.
I'll let you know when the drawing happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts