New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The general consensus among the gun community is that he is an attention whore and likes to go about things the wrong way. I think i agree.
He's an advocate with a radio show, and willing to put himself into the crosshairs of those who we're fighting against.

How that equates to an "attention whore" is a question I can't answer.

Why anyone would take exception to someone walking the walk and talking the talk is sad IMO.

We need more people like Kokesh, and I've already made a donation to his legal fund.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
He's an advocate with a radio show, and willing to put himself into the crosshairs of those who we're fighting against.

How that equates to an "attention whore" is a question I can't answer.

Why anyone would take exception to someone walking the walk and talking the talk is sad IMO.

We need more people like Kokesh, and I've already made a donation to his legal fund.
Hes a low budget Alex Jones. Hurting the cause more than helping it.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Kokesh was not smoking pot as the public videos show. He also did not resist arrest, nor did anything illegal. The arrest seem pre-planned, although the feds are not revealing what he was arrested for. Some think that Kokesh's call for an armed march on DC spurred the fed arrest in order to harass him.

Nevertheless Kokesh was arrested for resisting arrest, although there is no justification for trying to arrest him in the first place, unless the feds have a problem with his 1rst amendment rights.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Hes a low budget Alex Jones. Hurting the cause more than helping it.
And guys like LaPierre are doing a bang up job of keeping our rights intact.

Kokesh has balls and his message is resonating with a lot of people other than yourself.

Young people aren't interested in polish and a deep resume, they want ACTION and Kokesh delivers in that regard,

Kokesh might ruffle some feathers, but he's a patriot and actually cares for ALL of the Constitution.

The idea that only guys with suits and ties should be articulating our position is WHY we've been losing the PR war.

Maintaining decorum seems far more important to some than speaking truthfully.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Looks and reads like he was 'set up'.
Absolute set up, they were planning on arresting him for ANYTHING, facts be damned.

The video clearly shows he wasn't resisting, and STILL the Feds are locking him in a cage as if he were a "criminal."

The systemic problem of abuse of power is right there for everyone to see for their own eyes.

These kinds of BS arrests are exactly why faith in LE continues to plummet, Gestapo-like tactics make me sick.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Sounds like grounds for a nice lawsuit... More importantly, it's additional evidence that says the govt will come after you for saying things they don't like to hear (the truth hurts and they don't like it very much)...

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I watched his videos but from what i gather behind the scenes, he has some issues. Whether they are true or not I do not know. I still do not agree with his armed march. I have nothing against the guy but he sometimes comes off like an Alex Jones and that perception turns people away. If you watch the videos of that rally he was in, he was clearly exercising his 1st but being he was on federal property, they will probably make up charges and see what sticks but it is going to be hard to do with all the cameras that were there. He also had someone plant something on him while he was getting arrested and luckily someone caught it all on video. I agree with many things he says but how he goes about them sometimes.

James

·
Registered
202 Posts
This has nothing to do with pot.
Robin
Nothing at all. In a country built on a constitution, that says you have freedom of speech, as long as you dont say........ Young people have to be woken by action, connected with something they think is cool. Adam Kokesh / weed. Im starting to think the march he planned was never intended to actually see a march, but to wake up more people. This unfortunately is a great way to do it. "man arrested for speaking at weed party" will be a million 16 to however old's facebook / tumblr / whatever........ Kokesh - im still undecided, tough read. Each situation can be strewn either way really. I like action though, tired of crap and hearing about things that will never happen. Like, being free, and upholding the constitution. Thats doesnt happen, here, in America.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I don't know who Alex Jones is, or this guy either, other than what I have read here, and the referrals concerning them posted here. They certainly have some ideas that most would not consider 'main stream'. So what, read some of Odumbo's ideas on things, read the whacked out ideas of some of his tsars. These people RUN this country, you can't turn them off,v you can't smile and walk away, they affect your life 24/7!!!! The communist nut jobs are running what they want to turn into an asylum. Good Grief!
Robin

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
The video clearly shows he wasn't resisting
The video clearly shows that he was actively resisting. This is not anyone that I want fighting for my rights with the media spotlight on him.

If you feel like dividing by zero there's this gem

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't l;ike when someone gets into an issue that brings them a pay check too. If politics had no money or power & ego's involed it would be better off that way. Why would a man spend Millions on a job that pays 180,000 a year (President last I Looked) So when some Howard Stern want a be starts with hey lets all March on Washington with Guns, I'd question his motives on this guy. Don't be his puppet and you donate to him too. $hit send that money into the fight, not ones addictions & personal Agenda.This guy staged this stunt to bring attention to one person HIM, Lucky this was not the March with Guns because this guy is bad news. Plus I don't want a drunk with a gun around me let alone a stoned media addict.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.