New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about adding a muzzle brake to my ar. I'm looking for something that looks nasty but won't break the bank or the pocket book. Also I'm looking for a reliable gunsmith around wny. How much will it cost to have this work done and what kind of work will they do since my barrel isn't threaded and it also needs to be pinned and welded. Is it worth it? Any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read good things about Smith enterprises good iron muzzle breaks as well as JP enterprises.

As far as a good gunsmith in WNY, I'm currently getting my muzzle break pinned and welded at Allstar Tactical up in Webster. Their prices are fair and many many people have commented on their high level of work.

I'm not sure if they can thread your barrel however. That sounds like a very complicated task involving a mill. Call them up and find out, but I would be prepared to buy a new barrel that is already threaded.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I'm looking for something that looks nasty
So you do not care about the function of the brake of how easy is to maintain?
Because you could install a barre shroud that looks like a suppressor. It looks very cool but doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well no I want something that's fully functional I've seen a lot of brakes that are just plain. Thanks for the insight itorchedparis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts