New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the good ole days of the 90's, I got my Conceal Permit in Putnam..(sh!tasss paper licence that deteriorates when u hold it). Bought a house in Dutchess in 2000 and all the Clerks office did was apply my new address over the old with that white typewriter crap,lol. Then 2003 bought a house in Ulster and transfered..got nice thick creditcard style licence with the beautiful "none" above restrictions part..Question is..I have since moved back to Putnam but dont want crapass paper licence again or any changes to my CC.. any input from the knowledgeable Putnam peeps would be mighty nice. thanks all.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Putnam no longer uses a paper license.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putnam no longer uses a paper license.
Thank you, minderasr..I'l call Monday but, anyone know if i gotta wait the thousand months i see peeps sayin for Putnam, or boomboom done?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called Putnam today to see how to transfer back to Putnam from Ulster, even though I origanlly got it in Putnam.. I was sorta surprised when they told me I gotta go back to Ulster with two checks to do it, and that Ulster will issue my CC for Putnam on the spot..weeeeeird. I would have thought Putnam would have been the ones wanting to check up on the Permit holder or double check stuff..but nope. Guess I go for a journey back to Peekamoose/Slide for a day ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little update incase anyone needs the info like I did..Ulster called me back today and told me just go on their Clerks Office website and print out two copies of the Pistol Transfer form nd send 5$ for Ulster and 5$ for Putnams clerk in one envelope and the Ulster Clerk handles the rest then mails me the Putnam transfered Permit..nice and easy..(i photocopied my licence so they can see the None Restrictions part, so Putnam dont try to yank for sack). Also there is a form to Opt-out of anybody permit info searching you like that ****ass newspaper did last year..

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh some Counties are still nice people.
Mighty cool of them to care..
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the delay in transferring your pistol permit to Putnam County. It was mailed out on Friday by Certified Mail Return Receipt. I am estimating it should arrive at the Putnam County Clerk's Office by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I will track the process of the delivery.

Thanks,

Alice

Alice Lawlis
Chief Deputy County Clerk
Ulster County Clerk's Office
(845)-340-3274
(845)-340-3299 (fax)
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ahhh some Counties are still nice people.
Mighty cool of them to care..
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the delay in transferring your pistol permit to Putnam County. It was mailed out on Friday by Certified Mail Return Receipt. I am estimating it should arrive at the Putnam County Clerk's Office by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I will track the process of the delivery.

Thanks,

Alice

Alice Lawlis
Chief Deputy County Clerk
Ulster County Clerk's Office
(845)-340-3274
(845)-340-3299 (fax)
[email protected]

4excal, all the Ulster County Clerk is doing is transferring your PL records to Putnan County. I don't understand how the UC Clerk's office can issue you a "Putnan County Pistol License" as you previously wrote unless i read your posting wrong. Best Bet is to call Putnan County S.O. or Clerk's Office to ascertain WHEN you'll receive your UNRESTRICTED plastic card pistol license from them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

4excal, all the Ulster County Clerk is doing is transferring your PL records to Putnan County. I don't understand how the UC Clerk's office can issue you a "Putnan County Pistol License" as you previously wrote unless i read your posting wrong. Best Bet is to call Putnan County S.O. or Clerk's Office to ascertain WHEN you'll receive your UNRESTRICTED plastic card pistol license from them.
Tis the way to Transfer..this is my 3rd time..2 5$ checks goto the issuing County..that County sends it to their courts then from there to the new County that prints and sends new one out. Yea i dont do the BS address change way, cause thats just in the computer and then your license and DL dont match..i like everything to match for the some ballbustin leos..That previous post was just aknowleding the kindness of her emailing me when she knew it was taking longer..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts