New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you happy with it? I will be loading for several calibers but my favorites are 9mm luger, 45acp, 220 Swift & 223Rem.
I'm interested in hearing the good and bad. I have a single stage press now and not as much time to myself so speeding up the reloading process is a big plus. How expensive is it for the conversion kits? Did you buy a separate powder meter for each caliber or recalibrate the same one every time? Does the primer pocket swager work well in this? The main reason I'm looking at the 1050 and not the 650 is due to the extra hole for the swager. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
894 Posts
1-800-762-3844 Phone number for Dillon's 'Blue Press' catalog request. Have an RL 550B that is 'THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT ON ANYTHING SHOOTING RELATED.' - Their guarantee is bullet proof. I just wish they would begin making vehicles. Lost a part? Broke something?
FREE LIFETIME REPLACEMENT. In my opinion, the BEST company in the world.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I have one on order for about two months now. My BIL spoke will Dillon last week about some dies he ordered. They apparently had a major problem at one of their tooling plants and have a 10,000 unit backlog. I wouldn't expect to get it anytime soon. My BIL just set up his 650 to resize and trim (with Dillon electric trimmer) 223 and he's going to load them on the 1050. He loves the 1050 but has a major investment in tool heads and dies for the 650. He only plans to use the 1050 for 223 and 308. Caliber conversions are much more expensive on the 1050 relative to 650 but I'm just starting out so don't have any investment in other tool heads so just decided to go with the bigger machine from the start. I plan to set up for 9, 40, 45, 223 and 308 initially. Will buy separate tool heads and powder feeder for each conversion. My BIL swears by this. Wish I had more to say but I'm still waiting...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have been kicking myself for not buying a Dillon. I haven't forgiven myself for about 15 years. Unfortunately I'm too old to make the investment pay off now. But I will add my accolades to Dillon and encourage anyone interested to get one.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replies. I hope to get this by fall to give me something to do during the winter. Hopefully Dillon will get caught up by then.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Just got notice that they are shipping mine out today. Montgomery is Orange County, right. Over by Manza's nursery? If that's the case you are not too far from me. Welcome to check it out anytime after I get it set up. Heck you can use it if you want too but I only ordered dies for 223 at the moment...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts