New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if zombies can swim? Thinking about buying a small island or building a floating dock in the middle of a lake behind my house =)

·
Registered
161 Posts
they can't swim, but that doesn't matter.
they walk/lurch across the bottom.
torpedos might help.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Get the floating mines that they used for submarines and boats back in the world wars. The ones that have the spikes on them.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What kind of zombies we talking? Dawn of the dead zombies can probably win the boilermaker, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could swim. I can probably run a mile faster than the zombies from walking dead, so I doubt they could swim. Then we have the more likely I am legend creatures, which can climb vertical walls like Spider-Man, so they as well could swim. So we have a 66.67 chance of zombies being able to swim.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What kind of zombies we talking? Dawn of the dead zombies can probably win the boilermaker, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could swim. I can probably run a mile faster than the zombies from walking dead, so I doubt they could swim. Then we have the more likely I am legend creatures, which can climb vertical walls like Spider-Man, so they as well could swim. So we have a 66.67 chance of zombies being able to swim.
This made my morning lol

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
zombies have no oxygen requirement, they can walk across the lake, or river or what ever.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I guess the real question is, How far away from zombies do you have to be for them to not be able to smell you? Or whatever means they use to detect living flesh.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
zombies have no oxygen requirement, they can walk across the lake, or river or what ever.
evild and qwak are correct.

gators and sharks and whatever other creature you can think to put in the water wouldnt matter. tests have shown that animals can sense the selenium virus and they know to stay away. the zombies wont attack them because they crave human flesh, with no danger to the animals they will not feel the need to defend themselves.

the other thing you would have to worry about is what stage of outbreak are we talking here?? if its a level three which is hundreds upon thousands of zombies then they will eventually fill the lake and be able to just walk straight across.

I guess the real question is, How far away from zombies do you have to be for them to not be able to smell you? Or whatever means they use to detect living flesh.
zombies main sense is hearing, they are attracted to almost any kind of noise. in my expeirence i would say they have to be about 2-8 yrds away to be able to smell a human, depending on wind, humidity and other smells in the air.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Read World War Z.

One of the guys gets bit while swimming in a lake, a human shaped bite mark.

Later, they report numerous missing scuba divers after they dumped infected bodies into the ocean.

The only way to get rid of zombies is to live in an extremely frigid environment.

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Read World War Z.

Later, they report numerous missing scuba divers after they dumped infected bodies into the ocean.

The only way to get rid of zombies is to live in an extremely frigid environment.

Well guess them married folk don't need to worry about zombies due to the frigid environment.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Read World War Z.

i beg to differ, research shows that a frigid environment only slows the zombie down, once the seasons change back to warmer weather the zombies will thaw out and be as they were before

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I was just wondering if zombies can swim? Thinking about buying a small island or building a floating dock in the middle of a lake behind my house =)
Wow dude seriously ???? LOL.....You should share that stuff you be smokin'......:err:

·
Registered
241 Posts
You know what? Given the stress and awfulness of what is about to happen to us thanks to Governor Cuomo, thinking about zombies seems less like a dumb fad and more... relaxing. Remember the days back when making fun of people for talking about zombies or bitching about Obama was the most contentious thing we dealt with?

Those were the days. Thinking about zombies and a zombie apocalypse really calms me down about now...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I never got the physics of walking on the bottom of a water source lake ocean just like in pirates of the Caribbean no matter the deterioration of the body you still have bones so to me walking on the bottom would need weighted shoes to keep you at the bottom it will be more like a lake with floating zombies splashing around kinda a funny sight to see i would put a fence around the lake and put a funnel entrance and lifted of the ground so once in no getting out so plinking would be fun

·
Registered
664 Posts
Seeing as there has never been nor will there ever be any such thing as a zombie, no one will ever know. Quit smoking that ***t or share

1 - 20 of 62 Posts