New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit here filling out my corrections paperwork. and i know that i need to expose everything that has ever happened in my life. luckily ive only ever had traffic infractions, not involving acohol.

however in college my friends were not so lucky. leaving a bar one night we got pulled over. i was driving as DD. the officer asked to consent to search. since i was young and unaware of my rights i consented. well my buddy had some of gods green herb on him and ended up getting a possession ticket. i received nothing but a thanks for being DD. this was 5-6 years ago. well my buddy didnt learn and due to his associations, and farther down the road LEO suspected him of more and "supposedly" investigated him. He was just a spoiled rich kid and nothing ever happened.

SO I subsequently stopped hanging out with that childhood friend. sometimes you just have to let them go. i myself never got into the whole "smoking" thing. i prefer cigars and scotch.

question is this: would this incident show up in my background check as it was my vehicle that was pulled over? is there a database where all interactions with local LEO is recorded? is this something i need to put down in my application even though i was not ticketed in any way? I worry that during the "investigation" of my friend, my plates may have been taken down.

would any of this be attached to me? should i verbally mention it to my investigator? is there some great gestapo database?

I'm just a regular hard working guy looking to get this position to better provide for my family and want to be honest about everything. however i dont want to throw up my own rope either.

and yes i should have used better discretion in the past w/ my associations... however i think we all have that one friend that is hopeless and have to give up on.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I would not worry about such a thing. As long as you were not charged with anything there should be no record of anything.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im thinking... i passed a " federal" background check for my current job..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts