New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was under the impression that if you were to buy or sell with someone from another state you had to go through an FFL. unlike what we do here within the same state just sending door to door.

so if i am correct about doing this how can someone who works on guns advertise this? they appear to be saying that no matter where you live, besides california, you can ship them the gun for repair and they can ship it back to your house. along with the misspelling of the words "their" and "long gun" this doesn't make sense to me. unless you can send to a different state as long as you're not selling or buying. and still even that doesn't make sense because you're basically doing the same damn thing. sending a rifle to another state. unless the law isn't really about the actual "sending" but the change of ownership.

"For out of state service or repairs
Customers, excluding California customers can ship there longgun directly to us for service or repair without the use of a transferring dealer. We in turn can return ship the firearm back directly to you."

· Registered
160 Posts
I am not sure about other states, but I think that you need an FFL to act as a gunsmith here in NY. I believe that you can ship to an FFL, or a manufacturer directly without going through an FFL on your end, and they can return the firearm directly back to you. I know it works this way with Taurus, and S&W for factory repairs, and I think all major gunsmiths, such as magnaport, and Gemini customs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.