New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you know how to read an AK-47 serial number off of a Polish AK-47 or know where to direct me someone who can tell me, but I'm looking at this AK-47 that someone told me is a Polish Model 1960. The serial number is as follows: 196001439. From what I read, people said that the beginning four numbers are actually the year of manufacture. Anyone know if there's a way to tell?

· Registered
268 Posts
I'd bet money it's a kit build on a US made receiver. The first 4#'s refer to model #.
I've got a few Russian 91/30's that have 9130 as the first 4 numbers of the serial #.
Look for US markings on the receiver,Century,ATI.....

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just looked up a post from another forum and a guy had a picture of his AK-47 that was a Polish model just like the one I am trying to buy. He mentioned them being a "new offering" from Century and that was back in 2009. His serial number was 196000382 and the one I am trying to buy is 196001439. There's no way it's older than his if he bought it new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.