New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a good number of sealed battle packs some with 1979 dates and another type (maybe SA) with 1983 dates. I am not going to shoot through all these anytime soon. My question is how long will they last in storage?

·
Registered
115 Posts
As long as there stored correctly they will last pretty much your lifetime. I shoot surplus all the time that is 40 or more years old.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I'd just maybe vacuum seal them in a bag, kinda like you would with food you're not eating anytime soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to know..I have them in ammo cans and the temp never gets above 70. One of those vacuum space bags might be a good idea for added protection.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Sealed packs it doesn't matter. If they are not broken they are sealed for that reason. If you are concerned they might be punctured, cracked or air got inside then keep them in a dry cool place if possible. turn them every year or other year. Thats it keep for another 20 years but shoot it before they give you the ticket to the nursing home. lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sealed packs it doesn't matter. If they are not broken they are sealed for that reason. If you are concerned they might be punctured, cracked or air got inside then keep them in a dry cool place if possible. turn them every year or other year. Thats it keep for another 20 years but shoot it before they give you the ticket to the nursing home. lol
lol I plan to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts