New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first year hunting and I can't seem to find out what I'm supposed to do with the duck stamp. It says to put it on the licence if applicable but I don't see any space to do that. Am I just supposed to have it on me? Do I leave it on it's sheet?

· Registered
387 Posts
You don't have to stick it anywhere to be valid, it just has to be in your possession (and signed across the face in ink). Sticking it on the back of your license is really the best way to make sure you don't misplace/forget it. Some folks want to keep it separate/unstuck for some "collector value", and these folks should really just buy a 2nd, unsigned stamp for that purpose.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Woa what is a hip number? Good information as well guys, I'll go ahead and stick it to the back of my licence. I would prefer it that way just wasn't sure if I could put it over any of the writing on the back of the licence. Is a fine tip sharpie ok for signing across the face of it?

EDIT: nevermind, I see it's the harvest information program. I guess you can get your number online so no need to call. :)

· Registered
4,955 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.