New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to Dicks tonight to look at some .22lr rifles. I found a Ruger 10/22 for $199.98 that was marked incorrectly, supposed to be $239.99. I ended up getting them to give it to me for $199.98. I filled out all the information and they asked if that's my new address and I said yes but it hasnt been updated yet on my licesne because I moved last week and haven't gotten a chance to change it. They said they cant sell it to me without my current address on my license.

So, I came home and updated my address on the DMV website and ordered a new license but it said it will take 2 weeks for it to show up and they are only holding the gun for me for 7 days for that price. My question for you guys is can I print out the page with my updated address and the page where i paid for my new license with conformation number and everything? Any suggesstions? I don't want to lose out on a $40 savings.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
So I went to Dicks tonight to look at some .22lr rifles. I found a Ruger 10/22 for $199.98 that was marked incorrectly, supposed to be $239.99. I ended up getting them to give it to me for $199.98. I filled out all the information and they asked if that's my new address and I said yes but it hasnt been updated yet on my licesne because I moved last week and haven't gotten a chance to change it. They said they cant sell it to me without my current address on my license.

So, I came home and updated my address on the DMV website and ordered a new license but it said it will take 2 weeks for it to show up and they are only holding the gun for me for 7 days for that price. My question for you guys is can I print out the page with my updated address and the page where i paid for my new license with conformation number and everything? Any suggesstions? I don't want to lose out on a $40 savings.
the best place to ask would be to call customer service and ask them if that will be enough for them.

· Registered
491 Posts
That's what I would suggest. Or talk to the manager, and see if they will hold it for you for another week until it comes in.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
You may be SOL. Why should they hold out for an unknown number of weeks when they could sell it for full price sooner?

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't have an issue when i purchased my AR15 on Thursday so I don't know. If it comes down to it ill just go and get my registration updated at the DMV and use that but I'll call tomorrow and ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.