New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have built a couple of AK's, but here is my question. I know this may be a bit dumb but, Ill never know if I don't ask. I have looked for answers online, but haven't quite gotten a straight answer.

I am looking to build an underfolder ak kit. (Don't ask why, for some reason I love underfolders) Now I know that They can't be underfolders unless they are pre-ban. But what if I pin the stock? or weld it into the open position? Would it make it NY compliant?

Stupid as it might be, I have to ask!

Thank you!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Yes it will. Permanently pined is ok. If you can weld it because you thin it is stronger then do it but you do not have to. If it is made of polymer
you cannot weld it anyway.
What kits did you use if you do not mind me asking?. I was thinking on building one in 6mm PPC with a bull barrel that is an awesome round but I need someone to cut the barrel for me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will. Permanently pined is ok. If you can weld it because you thin it is stronger then do it but you do not have to. If it is made of polymer
you cannot weld it anyway.
What kits did you use if you do not mind me asking?. I was thinking on building one in 6mm PPC with a bull barrel that is an awesome round but I need someone to cut the barrel for me.
I get a lot of my stuff from AK-Builder.com they always have everything I need, and I love building them. there pretty simple as well.

I worked in a metal shop for a couple years, I do all my won welding and fabricating on my guns, and my cars. Metal working is somethign I love. Wish I could get back into working in a metal shop!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts