New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm just doing my application and have a question about the character references. When the will be contaced, do the have to let anything notarized?

Moreover, the form in asking for "Thereby Appley for a pistol license to" and "A licenses is required for ..."

I want to use the pistol for sport shooting, so I put this as second answer (anything else rcommend?) and for the pirst part, do I need to check "Posses on Premises" and my address?

Thanks

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Brought in my whole stuff to the pistol clerk office yesterday. I hope they are not working like snails and it is not taking 6 month to get the permit. Anyway, it seems that "my" Judge is Walsh from what I could see from the paper on the wall with the assigned SSNs.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today my first reference got the letter from the Sheriffs office (the other didn't check their mailbox so far but I assume as they living in the same appartment complex the got it too).

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, actually I don't care about two weeks with some federal holiday in-between. I'm more furious about that it take up to six month to get the permit. That is ridiculous but no wonder in a country where lunch breaks are more important than getting the job done.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a call today, the judget wants to see my permanent resident card. Yeah sure, you got that wioth my application, idiots. Anyway, drove buy and they made a copy. Secretary said 3 weeks or less and I'm good to go. Would be surprised if everything only take little over three month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.