New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,072 Posts
I am glad that Putnam is a good hard line stop for the spread of those counties that are colored white on the resolution map. We go green here and pretty much the rest of the state behind us. It is nice to hear an LEO stand up and tell it how it is...

· Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love living in this county, pro-gun Sheriff, judge, legislators, Greg Ball, Steve Katz(if he can stay sober, lol). And a very high percentage of the people living here have handgun permits, not even counting long gun owners.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
God I loved that piece - and being on Hannity gives the issue some serious air time (2-3 million viewers, on average).

· Registered
14,520 Posts
I love living in this county, pro-gun Sheriff, judge, legislators, Greg Ball, Steve Katz(if he can stay sober, lol). And a very high percentage of the people living here have handgun permits, not even counting long gun owners.
when i bought my house i almost bought in mahopac, but the taxes were so much lower in my town that i stuck it out in Westchester. that and my school district is excellent, and back then i didnt pay any attention at all to politics.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
You'll never see many of these stories on TV, The democraps don't want this type of factual story out in front of the mass media. We should start a letter & calling campaign to the media demanding stories like this to be aired.

· Registered
413 Posts
when i bought my house i almost bought in mahopac, but the taxes were so much lower in my town that i stuck it out in Westchester. that and my school district is excellent, and back then i didnt pay any attention at all to politics.
Same here...but enough is enough and my taxes are goign through the roof. I am waiting to see what laws CT passes, if any. If CT stays pro-gun, I will move there. If not, I think putnam county. And yes, I care that much to make a move.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
i considered pa, but the commute would kill me.. as for ct i know ak's are illegal, so i dont know how pro gun they are there? i should look into their laws a bit more too.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Good stuff, but will just get written off as "faux news lol."

· Registered
14,520 Posts
thats great, it just makes me regret not moving to putnum when i had the chance!

· Registered
413 Posts
i considered pa, but the commute would kill me.. as for ct i know ak's are illegal, so i dont know how pro gun they are there? i should look into their laws a bit more too.
Yes, I do hear that AK's are illegal. But I think that's about it. You can even get silencers and full autos (no select fire though). And pistol permits don't have the handguns listed on them. I actually have an out of state resident CT unrestricted CC permit. Very easy to get and I suggest applying for it while it is easy.
So apparently, it is a very pro-gun state, having lots of history with firearms and all. But after Sandy Hook, I hear that the tables are turning and they are trying to pass very restrictive laws, similiar to NY. So I think it is a wait and see with CT. Probably still better than NY though.

I was raised in Putnam County great conservative area. I had to flee to Dutchess County to escape the school taxs of Putnam.
I was expecting that Putnam would be infinitely better than Westchester taxes. But everyone I spoke to who lives in Putnam or lived there says they are just as bad. I really like Mahopac but I need a lot more research on taxes and such...

· Registered
14,520 Posts
Yes, I do hear that AK's are illegal. But I think that's about it. You can even get silencers and full autos (no select fire though). And pistol permits don't have the handguns listed on them. I actually have an out of state resident CT unrestricted CC permit. Very easy to get and I suggest applying for it while it is easy.
So apparently, it is a very pro-gun state, having lots of history with firearms and all. But after Sandy Hook, I hear that the tables are turning and they are trying to pass very restrictive laws, similiar to NY. So I think it is a wait and see with CT. Probably still better than NY though.

I was expecting that Putnam would be infinitely better than Westchester taxes. But everyone I spoke to who lives in Putnam or lived there says they are just as bad. I really like Mahopac but I need a lot more research on taxes and such...
i plan on applying for my ct non resident at the same time i do my utah permit, but i havent taken the class yet.. i will be doing that in the near future though, i already have my maine non resident ccw though.

as for taxes, the town of somers has pepsi and ibm so somers has relatively low taxes for westchester, that is one of the main reasons i chose somers (along with the schools).

· Registered
2,282 Posts
He is a good man! I am certain there are many more like him in that profession that just have not come out publically yet. When LEOs are stating this is unconstitutional everyone should be taking notice.
We are winning this fight.

· Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Putnam taxes ARE high, but for now, I'll take my full carry license as a trade off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.