New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thursday myself & two friends took the plunge and went on a hot air balloon ride. we had been dancing with the weather for a week to ten days trying to get a day to fly. thursday turned out perfect, warm, sunny,fall colors,no rain and wind less than 8mph. the stars aligned that day. lifted off about 6 pm and landed around 7pm. a great hour of scenery between bath, hammondsport and keuka lake. a nice easy landing kicking out deer & turkey. just frozen grins on our faces the whole trip. even if i went again i'm not sure if we could match this trip as this was the course & conditions i had dreamed of. one for the bucket list!

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frozen grins and puckered buttholes for sure!
i had only left this earth twice before flying in 2 seater cessnas locally. both of those times i felt a little apprehensive but as soon as we were in the air all there was is a great feeling of exhilaration. the only apprehension i might of had was the landing and that went very smooth. i asked how many people can't cope and the answer was hardly any. they had never had to abort a flight. other than the blast of the burner it is very quiet & peaceful, just floating along.

· Registered
491 Posts
Very cool, colors are in their peak now, and that's a nice area, we ride the Harley down that way quite abit. Thanks for sharing the arial shots.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. Perfect time of year to do it for the tree colors and it looks like it was nice a clear for those long range shots.

· Registered
2,327 Posts
i had only left this earth twice before flying in 2 seater cessnas locally. both of those times i felt a little apprehensive but as soon as we were in the air all there was is a great feeling of exhilaration. the only apprehension i might of had was the landing and that went very smooth. i asked how many people can't cope and the answer was hardly any. they had never had to abort a flight. other than the blast of the burner it is very quiet & peaceful, just floating along.
You've never hit an air pocket in one of those small planes...it's like an express evelvator to @%$#...we hit one coming back from VT to MA when I worked up there...I was glad to get back on the ground..:D

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You couldn't have picked a better time to go! That's awesome, out of curiosity how much did that set you back? I would love to go either in the spring or next fall.
thanks to all for the nice complements on the pictures. such a beautiful day, hard to take a bad one. there was a little problem that day with a bit of blue haze.

bocker SV ; it runs $180 per person which is a bit of change ( other places were around $235 ) but if you only go once in life what is that?

pigmagnet; my guess is we had a 5-6 mph wind so about the same in miles i would guess.

as i said i think it's hard to get a day like this one so many elements at play with the weather.

· Registered
5,312 Posts
Great pics! Glad it worked out for you.

So, I guess I don't get any of your guns now, huh? ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.