New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in and put a down payment on a Taurus PT-1911 in stainless so I would have something other than the Kel-Tec on my permit when I get it. Prints are getting done on the 10th and the lady at the sheriffs office said they have been quoting people about a 5 month wait but most are turning out to be around 2.5-3 months after prints. So hopefully I will have it in my possession by the end of august. :D I just got excited since I purchased my first handgun and thought I'd share.

Not an exact picture of it but close enough:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looking at either a ROCity holster or a Crossbreed. Haven't decided which yet but it will be one of them.

Probably will get a cheap ebay full size holster just for when it's in the safe and probably to build a little "under the table" holster for inside my night stand next to my bed.
Like this one: just slightly different.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Then you need to buy a bigger safe then you have to buy a bigger house then they start calling you Gunner I think that is just my jealously comming out sorry forgive me

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a Crossbreed in horse leather for my Kimber. I will never carry any other holster. Crossbreed has options like the one you pictured.

Whats the rational behind a (different) holster for the safe?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Crossbreed in horse leather for my Kimber. I will never carry any other holster. Crossbreed has options like the one you pictured.

Whats the rational behind a (different) holster for the safe?
My safe doesn't seem to act too well for leather. I had a leather wallet that I put in it just so I didn't lose it and it somehow messed up the leather. I'm not sure if it's just how it was designed/the fact that it's in he closet not too far from the heating vent/radiator so maybe it got humid and really warm in there or just really hot but dry? I'm not entirely sure what happened.I was just going to have the cheap fabric/nylon holster for the safe just so the crossbreed didn't get ruined in the safe. I'll probably just use it to store the gun in so it's not sitting on the bare metal.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice, I've been saving for a 1911 myself, possibly the exact same one. I love my Taurus PT92, and I've heard good things about the their PT1911 too.

But I might save a few bucks more and get on the waiting list for a Ruger SR1911. Either way, I hope to have one by the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Very nice. Everyone should have at least one 1911.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Use a gun rug for the safe, not a holster.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need a new safe anyways so once this is paid off I'll buy one. This one is only like .5 cubic feet.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's paid off and I'm now just waiting on westchester county to put it on my uncles permit. Just for now until I get my permit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
check out the safes at local tractor supply companies, I bought a 24 gun fireproof cannon for $549 with 12 months interest free too

I also have a taurus 1911 too....you will love it, the balance is good and it feels very solid when shooting

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use cheap nylon holsters in the safe. They pretty much cover the gun and keep the guns from scratching each other when I move things around. Gun rugs are too big and bulky for the limited amount of room I have in my safe, even though the safe is good sized.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Picked up my DC pistol permit on Friday and went shopping for my first handgun on Saturdays
Tri-county sporting goods is my home store. Owner seems like a jerk t a firt glance , but trust me , he's A+ guy once you get to know him. Bought all my rifles from him and he'd probably shoot me if I'd bought my first handgun soe pace else.
Long story short, I had my mind set for glock 35 which is on the back order or me. Buuuut I want a gun I can owe now!!!!
he has a bunch of 1911 in stock that I had my eye on. Started with scorpion Sig,Kimber ,Colt. .....settled up on Taurus PT 1911.felt right in my hand ,trigger was sweet an hole package just looked coolnm
Not to mention ,whole thing is under $700.

Should be able o pik it up in a week or so. I'll keep you posted hove it shoots.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts