New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fort Knox pistol box under the rear driver side seat. I love these things...

Had more room in the Tundra, but this one works out fine when seat is down.

The driver side forward bolt went through some sort of rubberized/metallic gasket that that was put there from the factory (was painted same color as truck). Added a piece of 3/16" plate steel, which is siliconed to the bottom of the truck and bolted through both front and rear bolts. Not going anywhere...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also through in a brake controller for my trailer. Should have just kept the Tundra, lol...

Who needs a full-time job with all this tinkering...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Glad to see a gun owner investing in safety.

I feel every gun not in direct control by me should be under lock and Key. Not only to protect it from theft but more for unauthorized use

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate leaving a gun in the truck but not going to bring it into the post office or leave it at home either :) I had put one of these in the Tundra and it was great. Even good for leaving the wife's purse in it if we went to the mall. These are awesome little boxes. I think top is seamless 7 gauge steel (thicker than most mower decks) and sides and bottom are at least 3/16" steel.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Awesome install man... That's how I've done them. I've seen guys Velcro (I kid you not) down..... Liquid nails to carpet, etc.

Did you have to put anything inside to guard against it bouncing around?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome install man... That's how I've done them. I've seen guys Velcro (I kid you not) down..... Liquid nails to carpet, etc.

Did you have to put anything inside to guard against it bouncing around?
Thanks! It comes from Fort Knox with the "egg crate" foam. Nothing bouncing around in there, lol...

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Good man. Ya get what you pay for with them just like Pelican cases and Eberlestock packs.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Great box!

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
I like it but how did I miss you getting rid of the tundra?
Too much to keep track of around here I guess :)

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
Ah gotcha.

I got to install something like this as I just have a little wired safe.
It's better than nothing but barely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts