New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this site, so I hope I am following the proper protocol.....

Would someone be able to comment on these Purchase Coupons issued after the application for the CCWP is accepted? What about wanting to have already owned pistols printed onto the permit?

I recently moved to NY, and have had my CCWP in Connecticut for 15 years. Of course, that is not good enough for NYS so I will have to go through the entire process again. I already have pistols that I own...but I was smart enough to leave them in the possession of my brother in CT (he is also a CCWP holder there).

Is anyone familiar with what I would need to do or say to have those pistols printed on the license? I don't need the coupons for purchase, I am simply trying to legally own my handguns in this state. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Go you your county and file an amendment. If they are your pistols you just need to say that you want to add them to your permit. Pretty sure they will want to make sure they are NY compliant first though.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Yeah, you'll have to follow whatever protocol your county wants you to. Maybe someone on here knows what Orleans county wants so you know what to expect.

·
Registered
369 Posts
When I moved here from PA 4 years ago, only AFTER receiving my pistol permit was I able to bring my pistols in. They had to be shipped from a PA FFL to an FFL here, then FFL here issued coupon which I took to the pistol office to have those pistols added to my license. I was without my guns for almost a year. While each county has their own procedures I suspect FFL to FFL transfer is the rule rather than the exception everywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I moved here from PA 4 years ago, only AFTER receiving my pistol permit was I able to bring my pistols in. They had to be shipped from a PA FFL to an FFL here, then FFL here issued coupon which I took to the pistol office to have those pistols added to my license. I was without my guns for almost a year. While each county has their own procedures I suspect FFL to FFL transfer is the rule rather than the exception everywhere.
I had not honestly considered it would have gone this far...including FFL's in the "transfer", but I suppose I should not be surprised, as NYS likes to share the wealth. I suppose it makes sense.

Thanks for sharing how you brought your pistols in REdwin89. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had one shipped from Ohio UPS Overnight, Private to FFL, no problem. My FFL oked the method in advance. It had to go overnight and it cost a lot of $$$. It may have been cheaper to go FFl to FFL because they apparently do not have to ship overnight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts